Mixed Fruit Kesari

Mixed Fruit Kesari

Traditionally in South Indian homes there's a custom to serve sweet to their guests and relatives who visit their home for the first time. Kesari is one of the most easiest recipe to prepare.Kesari is one of my favorite Indian sweet which I can eat everyday..it can never satisfy my sweet tooth.
All one needs is rava,sugar and ghee..yummy kesari will be ready in minutes. This sweet happens to be one of my favorite dish since young but I haven't really tried out at home myself at all. Whenever I plan to prepare either some of the ingredient would have finished or another. I was browsing tru one of fellow blogger's blog who's my orkut friend Jaishree and came across her fruit kesari-made want to prepare kesari with my touch. She used chopped fruits in her recipe while I'm going to blend my fruits to a puree before adding. So sit back enjoys my kesari with your Friends and relatives.

Serving Size:5
Ingredients

1 cup chopped mixed fruits (any fruit of your wish)
2 cup sugar
1.5 cup semolina
1 cup ghee
1/2 cup milk
2tbsp honey
1/4 cup apple juice
1/2tsp cardamon powder
2tbsp strawberry jam
1tsp vanilla essence
2tbsp cashew nuts
2tbsp raisins
Preparation Methods:
In a sauce pan add the mixed fruits,apple juice,jam,honey and cardamon powder. Bring to a boil. Once cooled blend to a very smooth fine mixture and keep aside.

Heat a non-stick pan with 2tbsp ghee and roast semolina till fragrant. Remove and keep aside. In the same pan add another 2tbsp ghee and roast cashew and raisins till golden brown. Keep aside. In the pan pour the remaining amount ghee,sugar and milk. Let the mixture come to a boil and then add the blended fruit mixture. Once the mixture started to thicken add the roasted semolina and stir continuously caring not form lumps. Add the orange food color and when the mixture doesn't stick to the pan add the cashew and raisin and remove from flame.Garnish with chopped fruits and serve hot or cold



Comments