Parangaikai Poriyal (Yellow Pumpkin Fry)


Hi to all my fellow blogger. I’m back from my India trip and as I have mentioned earlier I will be sharing with you people my in-law’s recipe. The first will be one of my favorite vegetable which is known as Parangaikai in Tamil-also known as yellow pumpkin. I happened to like this dish very much and I would like to share them with you.

Parangi Kai Poriyal

Ingredients:
Serving size:4


1 small parangaikai (yellow pumpkin)

10 shallots finely sliced
1 green chillie

2 dried chillie

½tsp cumin seeds

½ tsp mustard seeds
1tsp urad dhal
1tsp chillie powder
1tsp garam masala
few curry leaves
Salt to taste

Preparation Method:

First remove the skin and seeds from the parangaikai, cut them into small cubes. Pressure cooked the parangikai till tender and keep aside. Coat a non-stick pan with 2tbsp oil. Once heated add the mustard seed and when it starts to crackle add the cumin seeds followed by urad dhal, chopped shallots, dried chilliescurry leaves and green chillie. As the onion become soft add the cube parangikai with salt according to taste and the chillie powder and gram masala. Stir fry till the raw smell from the powders are removed. Adjust the level of salt and serve hot with steaming white rice.

Comments