Mixed Berry Muffins

Mixed Berry Muffins
Blueberry cake,blueberry ice-creams,blueberry pie,blueberry juice!!!Blueberry this and that was what my son has being asking for the past few days without a stop..the worst part is that he wants me to prepare chicken curry using blueberries. Oh my god this boy is so crazy about blueberries. I was wondering where he gets these weird ideas in making use of blueberries in cooking. He even asked my hubby to get him body wash,paste and shampoo that's made of blueberries. I happened to find some really fresh blueberries,blackberries and raspberries in the Sprout Farmer's Market yesterday. I quickly grab them and decide to make muffins using all these berries for evening snack once my son's back from school. I really wanted him to get a surprise. Believe the look in his really made very happy when he saw the muffins. I hope these muffins will shut him off from talking about blueberry .Actually I keeping finger crossed...let see what happens :D

Ingredients
Serving Size:About 15-20

5tbsp butter
2.5 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cinnamon powder
2 cups of fresh chopped blueberries,blackberries and raspberries sprinkled with sugar

Preparation Methods:

Preheat the oven to 450° C. Line 24 muffin pans with paper liners. In a bowl cut 4tbsp butter into flour and sugar-mix them well. When thoroughly mixed take out 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside. To the remaining mixture add eggs,milk,baking powder and vanilla extract. Beat until the batter is smooth.Pour the batter into the pan . Using a spoon make a hollow in centre and add the chopped berries. Add the remaining butter and cinnamon to reserved 3l4 cup flour mixture.Work the mixture with your fingers until crumble. sprinkle the crumbs onto of the berries.Bake then for 5 minutes.Reduce heat to 350° C and bake for 20 minutes or until it well done. Carefully remove the paper lines and allow the muffins to cool and serve with hot beverage of your choice.

The recipe was taken from Creative Cooking Desserts by Marian Hoffman. This cookbook has many types of cakes and dessert which I would love to try..every recipes if time permits me.. thanks to my Danalakshmi for presenting me with this book.

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
WOw gorgeous mixed berry muffins, looks divine Sara!
Nithya said…
Muffins look perfect. Yumm :)
Thanks girls for the lovely comments:)
Unknown said…
mixed berries !!!that sounds so delightful..