Tomato Iddlies

My Son: Oh man!!!! Amma why are you always making these dull boring iddlies . I don't like them. Make me paper roast with sambar now now now. These were the words my son would always say whenever I make iddlies for breakfast or dinner..It's always a big chaos at my home whenever I make iddles. I have prepare somethings else for my son to eat.This has been going on since he was a baby I wasn't able to make eat iddles at all until one of my friend's wife served
Kanchipura Iddies at one of our outings.My son just love them and had about 4 iddles with mint chutney.I was happy that at last my son has started to have iddles and came up many different version of iddles like Wheat Umpa Iddly,Moon Dhal Iddly, Dhal Iddly With Stuffed Mint Chutney and my latest version is Tomato Iddlies.I had many ripe tomatoes laying in my fridge for quite some time

Ingredients:
Serving Size:5

1 cup chopped tomatoes
1tsp fennal seeds
few curry leaves
1tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 dried chillies
2 shallots chopped finely
5 green chillies
a pinch of hing powder
salt to taste
1 cup thosai batter

Preparation Methods:
In wok add 2tsp oil and roast all the ingredients expect the batter. Once they they have cooled transfer them to a blender and grind to a smooth paste. Add warm water if the mixture is thick. Mix the paste with the dosai batter -

Grease the iddly plate with oil and pour a big spoonful of the batter.Steam cook for 15-20 minutes till they are done..Always let the idlly to cool for few minutes before you take them out. They will be soft and fluffy. Enjoy these soft fluffy iddlies with sambar or chutney or even with fish curry.


Comments

Priya Suresh said…
Tomato idlies looks very soft and colourful..really inviting..
kitchen queen said…
wow for a change the tomato idlies are refreshing.You can visit my blog view my recipes and give ur comments.
Jaleela Kamal said…
wow rompa arumaiyaana tomato iddiles, nice .