Grilled Masala Fish/Masaledar Macchi

Grilled Masala Fish/Masaledar Macchi
Can you imagine our electricity bill has shot up compared to the previous month.The heater is on 24 hours due to the bad weather.I have being baking and grilling too much recently and I decide to put a stop to the usage of the oven. Due to that I kept on complaining that I'm helpless without the oven and cannot prepare any new dishes.My hubby got so frustrated and surprise me with a new grilling pan two days ago. I was really speechless and gave my hubby a big hug. I have prepare this recipe using my new grilling pan.I have paried up this grilled fish with lemon rice..hmmm a mouth-watering dish and my hubby praised me for preparing a delicious grilled fish for lunch:)

Ingredients
Serving Size:4

1lb tilapia fillets
2tbsp paprika powder
1tbsp chillie powder
2tbsp fish masala powder
salt to taste
2tbsp lime juice
2tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup slice tomatoes
2 green chillies quartered
half lemon sliced
Preparation Methods:
Cut the fish fillet into half and marinate them with salt and lime juice for 30 minutes. then add all the remaining spice ingredients and rub the fillets really well. Make sure they are coated evenly. cover them leave in the freezer for about 2 two hours. Spray the grilling pan with some oil and grilled the fish fillet until tender. Transfer them to a serving dish. Add the slice onions,tomatoes,green chillies and lemon to the grilling pan and give a quick saute. Once the onions browned-remove and garnish the grilled fish.


Comments

Urmi said…
Fish looks tempting. I feel like having it now. You have taken wonderful pictures and the recipe is also new to me. I will definitely try your recipe.
Priya Suresh said…
Thats a delicious and tempting grilled masala fish, makes me hungry...
Shama Nagarajan said…
delicious fish ....mmmm...tempting picture
Sushma Mallya said…
That looks so tempting,would love to have that yummy dish ..
Vrinda said…
colorful tilapia,my fav...nice recipe
prasu said…
saru dear.....u are making hungry with all that yummy fish dear.
Malar Gandhi said…
Dear,

You are making me very hungry Saras, fish is real tempting...

Please check out 'Kitchen Mishaps Event Roundup' at my blog.

http://www.kitchentantra.com/2010/01/kitchen-mishaps-event-round-up.html

I appreciate, your comforting words to the participants. I believe, it will greatly boost their energy...who daringly shared their cooking disasters.

Thank you,
Malar Gandhi
www.kitchentantra.com
Mona said…
Looks very good. Grill pan comes absolutely handy especially during winters for me, when I cannot use the outdoor charcoal grill due to harsh weather conditions.
It was a very quick recipe.would be great if marinate overnight. Thanks for the comments:)
Namitha said…
This looks very tempting ..sounds easy and simple :-)
my kitchen said…
Feel like grabbing that plate
Tina said…
Wow ..what a superb fish dear..Really so tempting and inviting...