Singapore Chicken Curry

Singapore Chicken Curry
Serving Size:4

Haha!! I know!! I'm back with another specialty of my hometown which is a mixture of Malay, Chinese and Indian spice blend.The curry is aromatic with the addition of Malay/Thai ingredients like kunjit (yellow ginger) galangal (blue ginger), candle nuts, lime leaves,pandanus leaves or fresh basil leaves and lemon grass.Curry leaves turmeric powder and garam masala give a Indian touch to the curry and addition of sugar give a Chinese influence which have created Nonya food.Sometime it's a big headache to find a the ingredient here in USA. I have a habit of preparing from the scratch but wasn't able to get candlenuts. When my hubby was working in Singapore-a bowl of chicken curry with some rice would be his lunch most of the time. I tried to make the curry but was not able.
Recently I got the curry paste in Asian stores- Yeo's Singapore Chicken Curry. I was so delight and prepare the curry few weeks back and completely forgotten about it till now.I have forgotten take a snap of the can and I got this snap from Yeo's Can Product Web Page. Thanks for-the snaps:)
Ingredients
2 cans of Yeo's Singapore Chicken Curry
1 whole chicken cut and washed
2 potatoes peeled and cubed
2 cup coconut milk
salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves

Preparation Methods:
Heat oil in a wok and add the chicken with little salt. As the chicken turns white-add the cubed potatoes and pour coconut milk. Cover for 5 minutes and then add the curry paste. Allow the curry to boil. Adjust the level of salt and transfer to serving bowl garnished with chopped coriander leaves. This curry would be delicious with white or french loaves.

I have also prepare another taste bud recipe which I have already posted but it was really a feast of Singapore goodies in our home few weeks back; I just went back to my hometown:)


Singapore's Hainanese Chicken Rice
The recipe which I make very often when I have guest over. A big success among my friends and hubby's colleges:)Please do check the recipe out friend and try !!!

Comments

Namitha said…
Yummilicious curry...lovely color..perfect with this rice :-)
Faiza Ali said…
That curry looks yummy...I would love o finish every bit of it ,with some steaming hot rice :)
Sunitha said…
Awesome!..Looks great.
Priya Suresh said…
Mouthwatering chicken curry, thanks for sharing, really very new to me..
Mythreyi Dilip said…
As always yet another excellent recipe da. Book marked!
Sushma Mallya said…
Lovely gravy,new to me and looks really good