Spicy Egg Muffin Masala

Spicy Egg Muffin Masala

Ingredients
Serving Size:5

I guess I'm getting very forgetful these day..I just found few white hairs..ohhhh.I'm getting old:(We have to get older and wiser at the same time rite but I'm not getting any wiser than before just pure lazy!!!Just wanted to spend my whole day under the blanket without and disturbance. If the GOD happens to come before me-the first the thing would be:Please sent me back to my childhood life again!!!There only way I feel more to home is by blogging. I really wanted to try something very different with eggs..always having scramble eggs,hard boiled eggs ,omelet was kind of become bored to me.How about breaking eggs into greased muffin tin and bake them. Hmmm you will never know until we try...So here I am with Spicy Egg Muffins with our Indian touch:)

For The Masala Paste:
2tsp poppy seeds
1tsp fennel seeds
1tsp coriander seeds
1/2tsp cumin seeds
6 dried chillies
1 small cinnamon stick
4 cardamom peeled
3 cloves
a small star anise
1tsp peppercorn
1 cup freshly grated coconut
salt to taste

Add 2tbsp oil and roast all the grind all ingredients to a smooth paste and set aside.10 eggs
salt and pepper

10 eggs
salt and pepper
1 cup finely chopped shallots
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp mustard seeds
few sprig of curry leaves
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1tsp egg masala
1tsp ginger garlic paste
chopped coriander leaves
chopped spring onions

Preparation Methods:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the muffin cups with canola or olive oil spray. Crack one egg into each sprayed muffin cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bake for 20 minutes or until egg is set. Remove them carefully and set aside.

Heat oil in a vessel splutter the curry leaves,mustard seeds,cumin seeds and onions- fry them till onions turn in to golden brown.Then add the spice powders and saute till the raw smell are removed.Pour in the grind paste and bring to boil. As it starts to boil add the egg muffins. Once they thicken-adjust the level of salt and-transfer to serving platter garnished with chopped coriander and spring onions.


Comments

Sunitha said…
Awesome.. thanks for the elaborate recipe it looks wonderful
Tina said…
Fabulous masala....
prasu said…
wow...................yummy masala egg muffins dear.
Rachana said…
Awesome ! It looks wonderful.
Namitha said…
I would def join you in that prayer to God :-) This is a must try dish for an egg lover like me :-)
Priya Suresh said…
Sometimes i feel like same as u, feel like going back to childhood...btw this egg muffins looks fantastic and delicious..wat an excellent idea of making out egg muffins as masala....makes me hungry..
sathya said…
Lovely and interesting dish sara !
Thanks u so much for reading and give encouraging comments ladies:))
Shah cooks said…
cool recipe. we make a similar curry but break the eggs into the masala and let it poach in it. ur muffing idea is a nice change.
Bergamot said…
This is an interesting recipe... must try it.
ruchikacooks said…
Hi Sara, First time here, and lov the masala combo you have used. Will try it some time, I make egg korma usually.
s said…
looks mouthwatering.....really tempting picture
Sushma Mallya said…
what a awesome idea,very nice and delicious one...
my kitchen said…
Delicious masala.Want to taste with hot rice