Spiced Potatoes

Spiced Potatoes
To tell the truth this recipe belongs to my son:) That's right my 5 year old son. I don't know where he got the idea and potatoes are his favorite. I haven't being making them for sometime. He was complaining to his dad that I'm only preparing food that he and his sister like. Well he's the tendency to ask for weird combination recipe like add blueberries to chicken or chocolate ect. Just to make him quite for some day I decide to prepare his potatoes stir fry. that's when he pulled up a chair next to me and gave me this recipe which I prepare according to my way:)

Ingredients
1 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
1tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup chopped onions
1tbsp tomato paste
1tsp curry powder
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp white pepper powder
1/4tsp garam masala
1/2tsp cumin seeds
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp ural dal
1tsp lime juice
few curry leaves
chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste

Preparation Methods:

First add some of the tumeric powder to pototes and lime juice. Set aside for sometime then heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the potatoes, onion, ginger garlic paste and shallow fry them over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until softened and golden brown .Remove and keep aside. In the same pan add 1tsp oil sputter mustard seeds,cumin seeds, ural dal and curry leaves. Add the tomatoes paste and all the remaining spice powder.Saute till the raw smell are removed.Add the potatoes mixture and saute them well to get coated in the spice paste. Adjust the level of salt and remove from flame-transfer to serving platter garnished with chopped coriander leaves.

Comments

Sarah Naveen said…
Simply spicy and superb!!! Excellent for a quick fix meal...
Unknown said…
Looks superb, kudos to your Son for able to come up with his own recipes.
Sumi said…
guess what, even I posted potatoes today, a dry version.Yummy recipe.another one to be added to my potato recipe list.
Vrinda said…
Easy and tasty potato curry....looks yummm
Mythreyi Dilip said…
Thats great to hear Bala, ur son is excelling in cooking isn't:) Like mom like son, potatoes look really delicious. Wish him all the best:)
Kalai said…
Wow..recipe from ur son! thatz sweet:) tempting potatoes!
Well I normal pressure cook my potato with spice before preparing the masala so that it will more tender but my son's wanted this way:)Thanks for the comments:)
Priya Suresh said…
This spiced potatoes are my fav too..i can eat them anytime...looks yumm..
spicy and tasty potatoes.. looks yummy
Faiza Ali said…
Looks spicy and delicious..Thats soo nice of your son to give ideas to mommy dear.
Rachana said…
Wow!!!! this surely looks so spicy and yummy... your son definitely has good tastebuds and imagination:)for a 5 year old to come up with such a good recipe is incredible!
Unknown said…
looks absolutely spicy and yumm..
Mouthwatering, those spicy and ginger garlic should make the dish even more wanting and aromatic!!!
Padhu Sankar said…
Spicy and yummy potatoes!
Unknown said…
Mouthwatering delight...potatoes always rule the kitchen at my abode...nicely done here...luved yur blog...specially the theme, teh clicks...Kudos!
shahana said…
So sweet of your son!!!This dish looks really easy and tasty!!!
Oh.. wow, thats a wnoderful recipe from your son!!, so creative!!.. I'm making it the next time I get potatoes!.. looks absolutely tempting!!.. very nice!!.. thank you for sharing it with us:)
Simplyfood said…
A firm family favourite.Nice recipe.
Sushma Mallya said…
Nice N spicy,perfect with chapathi
my kids love potatoes too. but only bland ones. Yours looks perfect...
sooo yummy.. who doesn't like potatoes.
Veggie Hut said…
thats a very nice and simple recipe..
Rohini said…
So sweet of your son...! Amma mathiri paiyan-um samayal la expert aitrukan polarku!! :D
Spices potatoes look soo slurpy!
PranisKitchen said…
looks delicious..its ur son's recipe..thats cool..say my hi to him and special thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe..