Zeppole With Orange Sugar and Chocolate Sauce

Zeppole With Orange Sugar and Chocolate Sauce
Normally I like to watch food network and try out the dishes especially those cakes and dessert.
It's better to watch the preparation rather than following the recipe from a cook book.Yesterday
I happened to watch Giada making these Southern Italian Doughnuts known Zeppole which are tiny and fluffy balls rolled in orange sugar and dip in chocolate on food network.These balls doesn't need much ingredients and happened to have very single item in my pantry. These wonderfully delicious mouth-watering dessert can be served filled or with just a sprinkling of sugar.

Ingredients
Serving Size:5
Makes about 20 -25 zeppoles

For The Orange Sugar:

1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 cup sugar

Pulse the ingredients in a food processor and keep aside.

For The Chocolate Sauce:
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Heat the cream on low flame and pour over the chocolate chips. then stir to a smooth mixture and transfer to dipping dish.

1 stick butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 water
4 eggs
1tbsp orange zest

Preparation Methods:
Combine the butter,sugar ,salt and water in a saucepan and bring to boil on low heat. Then add the flour and stir until the mixture becomes a soft dough. When the doughs pull away from the side of the pan-remove from flame. Transfer to large bowl and crack the eggs -that's one at a time mixing well. This is the ensure that the eggs doesn't scramble as the dough is hot. Then add the orange zest and beat until smooth. Set aside.Heat the oil over medium heat -carefully drop about a tablespoon of the dough into the hot oil. Turn the zeppole once or twice, cooking until golden and puffed up. Transfer the zeppole to the sugar mixture and roll to coat.Finally serve the hot fluffy coated zeppole alongside the Chocolate Sauce for dipping.


Comments

Italian doughnuts mmm sounds interesting and a nice way to watch and make we learn more when we watch!!! Looks nice... Btw you missed the spelling in a hurry ;)
Rachana said…
mouthwatering doughnuts and that too with chocolate sauce... yummm
Have a nice weekend!
Yummy new dish!.. looks very good:).. new to me!.. looks delicious!!
Which words I mis-spelled Ramya..I cannot find it da..do let me know so that I can edit it:)My mind is not working properly as I got very bad cold:(
Priya Suresh said…
Wow italian doughnuts tempts me a lot that too with chocolate sauce and orange sugar..yummm!!!.. u have mis-spelled sugar dear, pls change ur title...Take care of u..
Unknown said…
These look so yummy....new dish for me...
Vrinda said…
Wat a yummy sweet..very new to me too...thanx Sara
Kalai said…
wow a simple dessert! Never came across such an Italian delight! Interesting recipe.
Wow thats really cute dessert... sounds interesting too.. I love giada...
Simplyfood said…
Yummy dessert ,simply devine.
Namitha said…
Very interesting recipe..You have a great collection of Italian recipes Saras !
Anjum said…
yummy and creative too!! Love it.Do drop by at http://anjuskitchentreasures.blogspot.com/
Sushma Mallya said…
What a unique dessert sara,would love to taste that one as it is really very interesting...thanks for sharing this one...
Urmi said…
Doughnuts looks delicious and tempting. Very nice and different type of recipe.
Kalai said…
Dear Sara, I have an award for you here -
http://myrecipesdiary.blogspot.com/2010/02/another-award.html.
Pl, do come & collect!

Congrats!
Priya dharshini said…
this is so yum..i also luv watching glad's recipes..i luv to watch food networks for hours
Padhu Sankar said…
Very interesting and new to me .
Tina said…
Yummy and delicious....
ARUNA said…
Very interesting, nice n tempting!
Hi...I would like to share some awards with you please collect it from by blog:)
shahana said…
One more new recipe for me.Thanks for sharing!!
Hi ! lovely recipe again...
Sorry I have not been a regular at all in the blogging world...
Sarah Naveen said…
Super!! super!!
I m drooling..pass me that platter...
Sophie said…
I think I might find these even more tasty than donuts, they sound so good, especially with the dipping sauce!