Arvin's 6th B'day

Arvin's 6th B'day Party
"Let's keep it sweet and simply this time", was my reply when we will discussing what to do for my son's coming b'day. Time really flies. It's just unbelievable that my son is 6yrs old . He was just 3.2kg health baby boy wrap in blue blanket entering into the world on March 8th 2004 and here we are planning to celebrated his 6th b'day.

Anyway I wasn't much interested in inviting many guests for the party as it falls on Monday-a working day. I just wanted invite some very close friend but in the end we had invited about 30 guests for the party. I really don't know how the guests list got increased but it was really great. I was prepare all the food for the any function myself with help from my friends back in Owasso but here I wasn't able a most of my friends are further from my place. For the first time since I came here we order food from outside.

We decided to have pizaa party and order chicken briyani from outside. We used to have very good chicken briyani- Afghanistan style briyani which is really taste awesome and the price is reasonable to. a packet of briyani cost around $5 and the quality given were be enough for two persons.This time I quite a number of vegetarian guests. Oh man!!!! Preparing vegetarian food is a big hazard as each dish need a different preparation unlike South Indian non-veg-just on masala past can make many different variety of dishes. In the end I decide just to order the chicken briyani and a few variety of pizzas from Pizza Hut. the rest of dishes very prepared by me at home.

The Menu Card For The Celebrations as follows:
Variety of Pizzas from Pizza Hut
Chicken Briyani
Grilled Buffalo Wings
Grilled Spicy Green Wings
Grilled Ranch Flavored Wings
Kashmir Pulao-recipe of Chitra's from Ratatouille
Indian Style Tofu Sambal
Store brought veg spring rolls and chicken rolls

The items were much less that before but it was enough to fill the hungry tummies of my guests After a very long all us were very happy and had a lot of fun together.

Actually this time I want to prepare something different for my guests especially for the vegetarian guys.Few weeks ago a good friend and blogger-Chitra post a recipe on Kashmir Pulaoin her blog and I just fell in love with snaps. It was so yummy and tasted great. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe with Chitra and will try more of your mouth-watering recipes soon. I will post all the recipes soon . See you guys again with another dish from my kitchen to your..


Comments

Priya dharshini said…
THATS LUVLY CELEBRATION..THOU UR TIME WAS HECTIC..HOPE U HAD A GREAT TIME..
Simplyfood said…
Belated birthday wishes to your son.Your feast looks wonderful.
Vrinda said…
Happy B'day to Arvin..my son also turned 6 today....Hope u guys had a blast...
Neetz said…
Happy b'day Arvin :)...from the pics of food and statements it seems you did have a blast b'day :)..
Rachana said…
Birthday wishes to Arvin. What a wonderful feast:) Looks like that the party was a huge hit:)
Unknown said…
thats a lovely party you have had..its my sons b'day next week..am planning to cook and bake a cake too..am so scared..hope everything turns out well..
Kalai said…
Birthday wishes to Arvin! Hope you had the beast party with all those lovely dishes!
Vikis Kitchen said…
Very nice part menu n cute cake too. Very nice pictures.My belated birthday wishes to Arvin.
Padhu Sankar said…
Wonderful celebration! Belated B'day wishes for your son
Namitha said…
Belated b'day wishes to Arvin !!Looks like you had a blast
Hari Chandana P said…
Wonderful..first time here.. lovely blog.. :)in
Deepti said…
Lovely menu...happy bday to Arvin.
Sarah Naveen said…
Belated Birthday wishes to Arvin!!!!
Such an awesome menu..y dint u invite me dear...

Superb!!!i m drooling here..
Malar Gandhi said…
Happy birthdya Arvin, and thats a heautiful party, wonderful celebrations.

Well, said...about vegetarian food preparations, lots of work, I know.

Buffalo wings...count me in...looks appetizing.
Oh wow thats wonderful treat sara..so bad u did not invite us. all the dishes are gorgeous..hope everyone would have enjoyed so much. Sara will call u today or tomm dear.
Thank u so much for the lovely supporting comments which melted my heart esp to those who feel left out at the party:)
@ Sarah & Pavi
u both will bethe first that will be on my guest list if u are in Dallas..u r just tooo far away from me.
Unknown said…
Drooling over the yummy array of sihes, Belated bday wishes to Arvin!
Anonymous said…
belated birthday wishes to your son.great celebration.
my kitchen said…
Belated b'day wishes to ur son.Dishes makes me hungry