Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup
My son have really been into the soupy mood ever-since he started school as he's being served soup everyday at lunch- a varieties ones and "Mummy they are yummy you know and I had second helping".He's demanding for different types of soups these days and I have to cope up as he threatens by saying that he will just shift to the canteen in his school. Hmmm..kids and their childish blackmails.What better ways to improve my cooking skills and I had been wanting to try making different kinds of soups and now it's the perfect time:) The next on my list would be Tomato Soup-that thick tangle flavored soup always refreshes one's mind easily. I prepare them for dinner and it was well like by everyone and my daughter-a fuss eater had 2 bowl of serving which was really unbelievable

Serving Size :4
Ingredients:

7 ripe tomatoes
1 small carrot
1tbsp flour
2tbsp butter
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
4 cups of water
taste to taste
chopped spring onions
pepper powder
1/2 cup milk
bread croutons

Preparation Methods:
Melt the 1 tbsp butter in pressure cooker and saute the tomatoes,carrot,onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 4 cups of water and close the lid of the cooker. Cook to 2 whistles. Cook further on low heat for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down. Blend this mixture in a blender to a smooth puree. Strain through a sieve. Saute the remaining butter and flour in a thick bottom vessel on low flame- add the minced garlic and the milk. As it starts to boil slow stir in the tomato mixture and allow it simmer. Ajust the level of salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and garnished with chopped spring onions and bread croutons

Comments

Indian Khana said…
Looks yum ..I would love to have that bowl of soup
Chitra said…
looks mouthwatering.I love the bread pieces in soup ;)
Suman Singh said…
Looks inviting! perfect for cold winter days.
Sushma Mallya said…
looks yummy, looks so inviting:)
divya said…
Simple delicious and fabulous looking soup,beautiful clicks..
Sarah Naveen said…
healthy n yummy!!!loved it

How have you been??
Unknown said…
Wow!!Lotsa soup recipes...Perfect for cold weather
Namitha said…
Good to see you after a while :-)
Comforting soup, I love it
yummy soup... perfect for this weather...
Very yummy and colorful soup.
Tummy tuck said…
That is really so nice of that and I love those wonderful garnished dishes well. Its really an art to make such a wonderful cooking and I love to ear that noodles.
Taste of Saras Kitchen said…
Thank u so much for the lovely comments ladies..do keep visiting my blog:)