Bombay Mix

Bombay Mix
Listen up folks. I really mean it!!! I feel like I have being neglecting my passion for cooking and blogging for the past couple of months since my last post. Lately I have become very busy as I have started to brush up my driving skills.I'm so exhausted by the time I reach home. Sometime I travel from CBE to Pollachi for my driving classes.I have completely became insane and really need to recharge my brain and stay focused. Since it school holiday and the climate in Pollachi is really great and having these Bombay Mix with a cup of hot tea is the fuel for my brain. Bombay Mix-a popular tea-time snack in what is essentially among the locals:)

Ingredients:
Serving size: 4

vegetable oil for frying
1 cup rice flakes
1 cup roasted chickpeas
handful of plain pappadums
1 packet of roasted green peas
1 packet of sev
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts

Spice Mixtures
2tbsp sugar
1tsp salt
1tsp ground cumin powder
1/2tsp ground turmeric powder
1/2tsp chilli powder

Preparation Methods:
Fry the pappadums one at a time until they puffed and crisp. Drain and break into small pieces-keep aside. add the rice flakes to the same pan and cook till the flakes are browned lightly. Remove and drain-keep aside.Drain all the oil from the pan leave about 1tbsp oil. Add the chickpeas and half the spice mixture-stir fry for 30 seconds.Transfer to a large bowl-mix the fried pappadums,rice flakes,green peas,sev,sultanas,currants, cashew-nuts and the remaining spice mixture.Combine well and serve.


.

Comments

Shama Nagarajan said…
welcome back dear!!yummy snack .....busy in cbe?
Love this snack , sound so good.
Priya Suresh said…
Glad to see u back after a long dear, hope everything is well at ur end..A prefect snacks to munch with a cup of tea..
Reshmi Mahesh said…
A lovely snack to have with tea....