Kovaikai Chutney Version 2

Kovaikai Chutney Version 2
After finishing my pooja I was waiting anxious for my hubby to return for work as he has promised to prepare Rava Dosai for dinner.since my son goes to tennis class I was sitting in front of my baloney just relaxing when the white clouds were blocking the sky. There was no hint of rain just a pleasant warm evening..the rumbling of the thunder started and the wind howled. The falling droplets of rain send chill down my spin...oh not again but a perfect climate to smuggle in thick blanket and sleep soundly....wait I haven't prepare dinner and my hubby is not back yet. I had small quantity of kovaikai in my pantry and wasn't sure what to do with it. I decide to prepare chutney with it and would be great with sambar and the crisp rava dosai. I have already post a recipe on this but now the method varies a bit...here Crispy Rava Dosai with Sambar and kovaikai chutney from my kitchen to yours..sit back and enjoy this meal with your loved ones.

Serving Size:4

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped kovaikai
1 large red onion chopped
1 medium size tomato chopped
1tbsp channa dal
1/2tsp cumin seeds
5 cloves-of garlic
1tbsp red chill powder
1 green chilli
1tbsp tamarind juice
salt to taste
few curry leaves
For Tampering:
1tbsp channa daal
1tbsp ural daal
2 dried chillies broken
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp cumin seeds
few curry leaves

Preparation Methods:

Add some oil to wok and saute the curry leaves, garlic and onions til the onions turns ब्रोव्न
slightly-the and the chopped tomatoes and all the remaining ingredients।Remove from flame and grind once it's cool off। In the same wok add 1tsp oil and spullter all the tampering ingredient and pour over the chutney.





Comments

Chutney luks delicious.Luv to try it soon.
Nithya said…
I have never heard of this chutney.. Very interesting and different. :) bookmarked.
wish i can have this for my lunch now, look so good!
Santosh Bangar said…
tempting chutney
1st time here happy to follow u do visit my site
Chutney looks so tempting....yum mm mm
First time here...
U hv a wonderful space...
Do drop by my space as time permits...
Following u and hope u do the same...
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/
Prema said…
I am gr8 fan of this chutney,luks delicious...yummy combo with rava dosa.
Unknown said…
Chutney looks yumm along with dosa..ahhh can you parcel this to me???..quick question what is kovakkai??
Chaitanya said…
very yummy ... love to have this ...
glad to follow you. Do visit my blog...
www.rajafood.blogspot.com
kranthi said…
can u plz tell me wht is kovaikai. but the chutney looks so good. and i am ur happy follower too
Taste of Saras Kitchen said…
@ Kranthi and Muskaan
Kovaikai is also known as ivy groud- a small green vegetable which believes to reduce sugar