Chap Cai- Mixed Vegetable Stew With Seafood

Chap Cai- Mixed Vegetable Stew With Seafood

A few days ago I was scrolling through my photo archive in my hard drive and came across these photos of Chap Chye-a favorite taste bud of my hometown. A popular vegetarian mixed vegetable stew which is normally eaten with plain rice or porridge among the locals and I can't believe that I haven't even posted about it yet. This is some seriously good comfort food and I happen to prepare this finger licking plate of Chap Chye while I was in Singapore couple of months ago.Frankly I'm talking u guys -I'm completely hooked!!! Being Asian I just love these stir-fry very much. The taste of this dish is just desirable and so versatile. the simplest way to cook it is just ," Chop up all your favorite vegetable with any kind of meat-saute and serve.In seconds a delicious plate of vegetables with nutrients would be ready to to be served...What are u waiting for-rush to the kitchen-chop chop and fill up ur loved ones tummy with Chap Chye. Ok guys time for me to say bye,,see ya all with another dish from my kitchen to your soon!!!


Serving Size:4

Ingredients
1 cup napa cabbage or Chinese cabbage
1 head bok choy chopped
1 carrot thinly sliced at an angle
1 onion chopped
1 small can button mushroom drained and halved
1 fish cake thinly sliced
1/2 cup cooked prawns
1/2 cup sliced cooked squid
1/2 cup baby corn chopped
1/4 cup chopped green onion leaves
2tbsp minced garlic
2tbsp soya sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp sugar
2tbsp cornstarch
1/2tsp pepper powder
1/2 cup stock salt to taste

Preparation Methods:
Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent,about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, bok choy, carrot,squid, napa cabbage mushrooms, baby corn, sliced fish cake and green onion. Pour in the water, cover, and cook until the shrimp is no longer translucent in the center and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.Dissolve the cornstarch into the soya sauce and stock in a small bowl. Stir into the chap cai mixture along with the oyster sauce, sugar, and pepper; stir until thickened. Season with salt before serving.

Comments

Julie said…
delicious n yummy!!!
Happy to follow your space..
Do drop by my space and hope u'll follow it too
Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)
Erivum Puliyum
Priya Suresh said…
Super tempting food..lovely bowl..Wish u a very happy and prosperous new year..
Look delicious ! Happy New Year 2012!
Hmm..I dont like the sea food..It looking good..I think it is tasty and spicy..
ur space is simply superb....
n the dish looks so yum! Happy New Year!2012
Very simple looking yet tasty dish. Happy New Year!

--------------------------------
Regards
Spoon and Chopsticks
http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/
Urmi said…
Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.
Lovely dish. Looks yummy and tempting.
Christy Gerald said…
Deliciously Good.Yumm Clicks.Luv it!
vrinda said…
Nice preparation n new to me...thanx for sharing