Malabar Mutton Gravy With Potatoes

Malabar Mutton Gravy With Potatoes
Greeting from Taste of Saras Kitchen to all...how's your weekend??? Today I'm going to share a recipe of dearest friend Prema-my collage mate from Kerala and really miss her cooking . During collage time she always prepare her hometown dishes for us to taste and this-is one her special gravy which I love very much. The aroma of mutton gravy always makes me hungry and I simply love the flavor of the gravy and the addition of potatoes.I wonder what took me so long to share this lovely recipe with you. As this mutton curry is quite often cooked by me while I was back in USA.I have prepare the many time at home. Will be back with another dish from my kitchen to your soon. See ya!!!!



Ingredients:
Serving Size:4 person
250 g mutton cubes
1 large onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped 
2 potatoes cubed
1tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp turmeric powder
2 green chillies
2tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4tsp aniseed powder
small cinnamon stick
2 cardamon pods
few spring of curry leaves
chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste

Preparation Methods:
Marinate the mutton cubes with following ingredients the and leave for 20 minutes. The ingredients include: sliced onions, chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chillies, ground ginger, ground garlic, ground aniseed and required salt. Heat oil in a frying pan and add cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods and curry leaves.Fry on low heat and add the marinated mutton pieces, one by one and fry on both sides.Add the fried mutton pieces back into the pan and add cubed tomatoes and potatoes. Pour a little water and cover the vessel and cook on low heat.When the gravy has acquired a thick consistency, add coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve with plain steaming with some ghee.



Comments

Unknown said…
wow..I can feel the taste n aroma..Tempting!
Beena said…
Yummy curry pls visit and join in my space your fre time
www,cookingatmayflower
Vikis Kitchen said…
Very nice curry Saras....looks extremely delicious.
Scrumptious gravy with great combination..delish..Lovely space with lots of drool worth recipes..Happy to follow you dear..
Shobha said…
Mouthwatering dish..looks so spicy and yummy.