Spicy Stir- Fried Mee Kian Noodles

Spicy Stir- Fried  Mee Kian Noodles
I love the way a certain food or meal can instantly transport you back to your childhood. Food is so evocative and nostalgic.The Kopi Tiam or coffee shop had lots of different food stalls around it where you could order food. Kopitiam is usually packed with people during breakfast and the coffee shop have a variety of delights to have as well. I am always having my breakfast with my sister every weekend. These hawker centers actually brought the best of hawker food and have them operating at this food court, all under one roof! 


If you guys have being following my blog closely anyone would have guessed that I'm total a "Noodle Freak". I just love them so much that I always dream about having just noodles til death..When I was visiting my parents back in my hometown- my sister requested me to prepare something spicy. Then I found a packet of fresh Mee Kian laying the fridge counter  and a plate of finger licking "Spicy Stir Fried Mee Kian Noodles" was ready for to fill up her tummy. The more vegetable you add -the better the taste would be. Will be back with another  dishes from my kitchen to yours soon..see y'all!!!

Ingredients:
Serving Size:
1 packet Mee Kian noodles
1 medium carrot,cut into thin strips
1 medium green capsicum,seeded, thin strips
1/4 cup cabbage shredded
1 cup pok chye chopped
1/2 cup beans sprouts
250g button mushrooms or mushroom caps, sliced
1 onion chopped
5 cloves garlic minced
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated or chopped
2 fresh birdseye chillies, deseeded if desired, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chicken, cooked 

2 1/2tbs soy sauce
2 1/2tbs oyster sauce
1tbs sambal paste
1tsp cornstarch
2 stalks spring onion greens,sliced diagonally

Preparation Methods:
Boil noodles in six to eight cups of salted water to which one tablespoon of oil has been added and cook till almost done. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again. Spread on a large plate to cool.In a small bowl, combine soy,sambal paste and oyster sauce, salt and cornstarch.Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add onion, minced garlic ,ginger,birdseye chillies and stir-fry for one minute. Add carrot, green capsicum, cabbage ,pok chye,mushrooms  and half the bean sprouts and stir-fry for two to three minutes. Add the sauce mixture and noodles and mix lightly. Toss so that everything gets mixed well.Finally add the cooked chicken and fry well. Add remaining bean sprouts and spring onion greens and toss. Serve hot. 


Comments

subhashini said…
yummy look and must be yummy
delicious looking noodles. first time here. pl visit my blog too.
http://realhomecookfedfood.blogpsot.com
Absolutely tempting platter..Yummm
Vimitha Durai said…
Noodles look super tempting