Grilled Italian Chicken


Grilled Italian Chicken
When I was a young (ugh, every time I write that, I immediately feel like a little old lady..believe guys I found few white hairs tis morning while combing grrh), I’d repeatedly go through stack of cookbooks, bookmarking things that looked and/or sounded delicious. I’d check out cookbooks from the library in piles that nearly towered over my face. As is still the case, I preferred the books that had lots of pictures. Not necessarily step-by-step direction photos, but certainly a visual of the proposed final product. Just guess how I get ideas to give final output at my dining table.




I’m always on the lookout for fabulous recipes that use chicken breasts. Chicken is cheap, healthy, and easy to cook. But it can also be really bland or dry. There is seriously nothing worse than rubbery chicken. I think that’s what a lot of people think about when they think of chicken. Rubber or just plain old and boring- everyone’s fav young or old. Surely I am not the only one out there who is constantly seeking new recipe ideas for chicken.  The delicious smoky flavor imparted on grilled chicken is unlike the flavors from any other cooking method. Definitely folks I’m talking about barbecue here: Barbecuing is not only a delicious way to cook food outdoors, if’s also lots of fun too. Whether you are cooking a small weekend lunch for the family or throwing a party for a number guest –a barbecue can provide a variety and entertainment for everyone. A barbecue party can be one of the easily,  most  sociable and flexible way to entertain- can starts in the afternoon and stretch lazily into the evening with guests arriving and leaving as they please.



I stumble upon these photos by accident tis morning while search for something..I don’t remember wht I was looking for in the first place. I just can’t believe that I have missed out this one particular recipe which I wanted share with you guys for a very long time. This  recipe was very long back while I was in Owasso. All my hubby’s close friends had a small gathering outside our apartment. Memories of those days back are cherishable and I really miss all. We were had some great friends back there who were lovely, patient and supportive. My passion for staring a blog were encouraged by them and I really made a lot of friends tru blog who have nodded, smiled at my mistakes and encouraged not forgetting willing to take the risk in taste my new recipes. 

Ingredients:
Serving Size: 5 person
4 skinless boneless chicken breast cut ito 2-5 cm
125ml olive oil
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
5 garlic cloves finely chopped
3tbsp finely chopped dried red chillies
salt and pepper
1tbsp stored brought Italian mixed spices
fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs to garnish

Preparation Methods:
Place the chicken in a large shallow non-metallic dish. Place the oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic and chillies in a jug and stir together until well blended. Season well with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken and stir gently to coat. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate in fridge over nite for better absorbency. Preheat the barbecue pit. Drain the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade. Thread the chicken onto 8 pre-soaked wooden skewer and cook over medium hot coals, turning and brushing frequently with reserved marinade for 6-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Transfer to large serving dish garnish with parsley sprigs.



Comments

Chitra said…
Non-veg post aa pottu kalakureenga , enjoy mam :)
Vimitha Durai said…
Yumm yum yumm. will try soon
Wow very well done Saras. Looks similar to Chicken satay.
Priya Suresh said…
Super tempting skewers, droolworthy.