Kashmiri Chicken Curry


 Kashmiri Chicken Curry
I have found myself in the uncanny position of having several blog postings in my queue, waiting to be written up to share with ya’ll. Alright, here's yet another chicken recipe I've been meaning to post for a while but haven't gotten around to doing so, that is, until now. I’ve been cooking up some awesome dinners with chicken when I was in USA. It’s not that I’ve been engaging in crazy techniques, or unusual ingredients, or delving into haute cuisine – it’s more about how elegantly and easily my meals have been coming out, and how delicious everything has been. 


But after coming down here I'm not able to cook like that. As I have mentioned before many times that I have a huge collection of cooking books stored away in my small library...hmm well that's how I describe my cupboard stacked with books. There was a time when my son was in love with apples and stumble upon this recipe while I was searching for some different type of cooking method with chicken. How lucky to find this-to shut him up for a while. No harm in having a different twist to having the normal boring chicken curry rite.. So folk out there taste this KASHMIRI CHICKEN CURRY delivered sizzling hot from my kitchen to your..see yall in my next post soon. I'm going for a short trip and will be back with many more dishes..til then keep cooking and stay healthy....


Ingredients: 
Serving Size: 5 persons
1 chicken chopped
2 tsp oil
1 inch cinnamon stick
4 black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2-3 cardamoms
2 cloves
1 large onion - diced
1 tomato chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp ground almonds
1tbsp ground cashew nuts
3/4th cup yoghurt
2 green apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
A handful sliced roasted almonds and chopped cilantro for garnish

Preparation Methods:
·         Heat the oil in a thick-bottom nonstick wok..Fry the onions to pink and then add the whole   spices with the chopped tomatoes and cook for 1-2 mins.Add the chicken pieces and stir fry for 3-4 mins. Lower the heat and add the garlic, ginger, salt, garam masala, ground almonds, ground cashew nuts  and red chili powder - stir fry for 2-3 mins .Beat the yoghurt and add it in, stir cook for another few mins.Add the apples and chopped coriander, cover and cook for 10-15 mins.When the chicken is cooked, transfer into a serving dish and garnish beautifully with toasted almond flakes and chopped coriander leaves.

·        .
·        

Comments

divya said…
Yummy and irresistible..love it
so you are back in India? curry looks such tasty.
Priya Suresh said…
Such a droolworthy and rich looking curry, cant ask more.
Hamaree Rasoi said…
Recently I am too buying lots of cookery books :-) Twist in recipe is always interesting..Delicious curry
Unknown said…
Looks so tempting, I want to try this sometime and I have bookmarked.