Keeri Chappati

Keeri Chappati
Guessing many must have experience this-a woman enters the kitchen only after marriage and the first dish she gets her hands one would be either making crispy thosai nor soft fluffy chappatis... Believe me guys my thosai was a disastrous and was always  judged compared with my MIL. It's a well know fact that the South is famous for it's finger licking crispy thosai and the North for their specificity in preparing perfectly shaped chappatis.


Chappatis are day in and out meal and sounds boring when everyday at the dinning table you tend to find the same old stuff. Though there is always an additional taste when my dad prepare it then I do. I always love the soft hot chappati made by him back home. to make the chappati more relishing taste, many add curd. The chappatis will turn out to be extra soft and delicious when cooked with little butter. today  from taste of Saras Kitchen I'm sharing the my recipe of preparing Keeri Chappati- not perfectly shaped but tasty and health with all..

Ingredients
Serving Size: 5 people
Keeri Paste:
1/2 cup chopped green leaves of your choice
3 garlic pods
3 green chillis
1/2tsp cumin seeds
salt

Place all the ingredient in a food processor and grind to a fine paste and keep aside

1 cup of wheat flour
1/2 cup of hot milk
1/4 cup of curd or yogurt
2tbsp of ghee
1/4tsp of sugar
1/4tsp of salt
hot water

Preparation Method:
In a large bowl sift the wheat flour,sugar and salt. Make a well in middle of the flour and pour the milk,curd or yogurt and the keeri paste. Knead the mixture into a smooth dough adding enough of hot water. Divide the dough into equal size balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Flatten the balls with a rolling pin into round discs approximately 6 inches in diameter.
Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle on a medium heat. Place the rolled chapati on the griddle. While on the girdle press the edges of the chapati with a paper towel . You will find that small bubbles start forming on the chapati that means it is getting cooked. Turn over and cook the other side. The chapati may puff up. Flip over cook the first side again. Serve with hot melted ghee or butter brushed over one side of the chapati.


Comments

Hamsi said…
Absolutely healthy one. Love yogurt topped with chaat masala for this chapathi.
Vikis Kitchen said…
very nice chapati dear. Funny note on ur dosais:) one cant compare the new DIL with well experienced MIL:) But the reverse thing happened in my house when everyone said they love my cooking (to encourage me..hi..hi), my MIL became (no words to explain her mood). Then I started saying that I like hers better than mine...full stop:)