Butter Chicken On Saffron Rice

Butter Chicken On Saffron Rice


Despite being in India for about 7 days and back to Dallas again really took my sprite out- completely draining out my energy level. Oh Boy!!!! this can be very irritating at times as the time zone is out of way. 23 hours struck in between two big frame persons and not able to move the my arms and legs really wants me scream out. Im glad to be back home...home sweet home and back to my kitchen.  

My kind of blissful time in the safely of my kitchen has given me the confidence to head out into my cooking sphere .It helps me relax and  keep my mind active as I love to try new items and cook things that I never would have even attempted before in addition, my family members are definitely enjoying it. 

Normally I scour the internet and have a ton of cookbooks where I pick out interesting and fun recipes and try them out. It is always fun and usually I end up changing the recipe to suit my family taste bud or just change it enough to make it uniquely mine.

My first Sunday back to my cozy and comforting kitchen after my trip and we are having a big hearty discussion on what to cook. Shouts from my family -" Chicken Curry, Fish Fry, Prawn Sambal and the list never end. Finally giving ways to my son demand I have decided to prepare-" Punjabi Murgh Makhani known as Indian Butter Chicken".

Delicious restaurant-style butter chicken made right at home with simple ingredients. This recipe is exactly how they make butter chicken in restaurants — and I've had people tell me it’s actually better! Trust me when I say it’s finger licking’ good!This rich, buttery, creamy chicken needs no  introduction. Most probably the best known of all Indian dishes, it has already claimed the fame that it deserves. A heartwarming favorite at home, a staple at most Indian restaurants, this north Indian dish has made its place in every corner of the world.

Normally butter chicken and Naan need each other and both are incredibly awesome but Im going to pair mine with Saffron Rice as requested by dearest hubby. Finger licking plate with Butter Chicken On Saffron Rice from my kitchen to your. Sit back enjoy as I will be back another !!!




Ingredients
Serving Size: About 5 persons

Marination for the chicken:
2lb of boneless chicken cubes
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp chillie powder
1 tbsp coriander power 
? tsp. ground turmeric
½ to ¾ tsp. garam masala powder
1 tbsp butter masala powder- store brought for more flavors
¾ tsp. kasuri methi crushed 
1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
1 cup fresh curd
salt to taste

Wash chicken under running water and pat dry. Marinate with lemon juice, chili powder and salt for 20 minutes.Then marinate the chicken cubes with the remaining ingredients.Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours, overnight works best.

For the Gravy:
4 tablespoons butter
1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
1 large red onion finely chopped
1 tsp methi powder
4 tomatoes pureed 
1 tsp red chili powder 
1 tsp coriander powder 
1 tbsp butter masala powder
10 cashew nuts soaked with 3tbsp of hot milk and pureed
½ cup of hot milk
½ to ¾ tsp. garam masala powder
½ tbsp. kasuri methi crushed or powdered dried fenugreek leaves
salt to taste 
1 tsp sugar
chopped coriander leaves

For the Saffron Rice:
2 cups of rice soaked for 30 mins
1 red onion thinly sliced
1 2 inch cinnamon stick
2 green cardamoms
2 cloves
¾ tsp mustard seeds
¾ tsp cumin seeds
4 green chilies slit
few bay leaves and curry leaves
¾ cup frozen green peas
¾ tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
3 cups of watwr
few saffron soak in 1 cup of hot milk
3 tbsp butter

Preparation Methods:
For the  Butter Chicken Gravy:
Grill the chicken on stove top. For stove top method: Add one tsp. butter and add the marinade. Fry on high flame till all the moisture evaporates. Keep stirring constantly to prevent burning. Cook till it is cooked. Transfer this to a plate and set aside.

Heat a pan with butter,add the chopped onions and  ginger garlic paste, fry till it turns fragrant.To the pan, add the tomato puree, all the masala powders (except methi and garam masala), sugar and salt. Mix and cook until the tomato puree becomes thick and begins to leave the sides of the pan.

Pour 1 cup water and add methi powder, cashew paste . Adjust the water to suit your desired consistency.Bring the mix to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Add kasuri methi and garam masala now, or add at a later step for the best aromaAdd chicken and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes till it becomes soft and tender.Add garam masala, kasuri methi. Stir and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the hot milk and switch off the stove.Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and few tbsp of melted butter.

For the Saffron Rice:
Heat a pan with butter. Add all the whole spices allowing it brown a bit and add onions and chilles. Drain the soaked rice and add to the pan.saute for few minutes and then add the garam masala. Finally transfer the mixer to the rice cooker and then add the water and the saffron milk.Once the rice is fully cooked transfer to serving plate.

                                    

Comments