Grilled Avocado Sandwiches

Grilled Avocado Sandwishes




Lately I have being quite held up with my life from one place to another running along with the world as it goes by without realizing that I have completely forgotten about the blogging world and my cooking. Phew!!! Can u image that ' completely forgotten" come on guys , don give me that surprise look. Everyone got to eat to keep ones body and mind to function daily yet here I'm telling that I have forgotten- guess I'm must be lazy or just cant be bothered mood perhaps I'm still there.

Anyway let's forget about that issue now and get back to my kitchen to see what I have being up to these days. Not cooking much just normal boring daily recipes found in every moms kitchen. Recently the kids are so fond of avocado and I'm going to share a quick snack which I whipped up for the kids whenever my son says he's hungry after playing or back from school. 




While just about everyone loves a traditional grilled cheese sandwich, expanding on the concept with different ingredients can be a lot of fun, not to mention pretty tasty. This sandwich combines the buttery, nutty flavor of avocado with fresh tomato,red onions,chopped cucumber ,chopped celery,pepper,lime juice and spicy pepper jack cheese. It could be plated with crispy  chips, fries or waffle fries.

Grilled Avocado  Sandwiches

Ingredients
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 4 slices of  pepper jack cheese
  • 1 large tomato chopped finely
  • 1 red onions chopped finely
  • 3tbsp of chopped cucumbers
  • 2tbsp of chopped celery
  • 2tbsp of fresh lime juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 slices of whole grain bread
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
Preparation: 
Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pits and skin.Place the avocado in a glass bowl and mash finely and add all the remaining ingredients except the cheese, bread and butter. Mix well and keep aside

Spread 1/2 of the softened butter onto 4 slices of the bread and arrange them, buttered side down in 1 or 2 large skillets over medium heat. Spread the avocado mixture evenly on the bread and lastly the sliced cheese. Butter the remaining slices of bread and place those, buttered side up, on top of each sandwich.
Cover the pan and cook until the bottom slice of bread is golden and toasted, 1 to 3 minutes. Press the sandwiches with the back of a spatula to flatten and then turn them carefully to the other side.

Cover and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted and golden. Transfer to plates and allow the sandwiches to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before cutting.




Comments