Chicken Dumpling And Fish Ball Soup Noodles

Chicken Dumpling And Fish Ball Soup Noodles


I always said I consider myself pretty lucky that I grew up in a household that was filled with good cooks. So now as much as my dad  did cook, there were still nights off from the kitchen. At some point in time, Sunday nights turned into Chinese food takeout night.  Not every week mind you but I’d say a good portion of my childhood was spent at my local Chinese restaurant looking over the menu to see what we’d be ordering that night.I’m so spoiled by this and now my kids esp my son follows my footstep- A non stop complain from husband- "Mother like Son"!!!  Alike mine and soul always have the same craving -that's natural  I guess!! no point in complaining.


About two years or so I joined a Facebook group  called- "Singapore Home Cook". I have being following all  their updates daily and recently I came across recipes on soup noodles being posted with mouthwatering snaps.



As the weather gets darker and chillier  at night most of the time, my craving for Asian noodle soups gets ever stronger. My mind was screaming aloud- get back to your  kitchen, grab ur pots and pans. Start cooking lady!! What are you waiting for ?? Well my mind tends to speak with me and believe it - I always listen and follow as it narrates very often.

Light yet satisfying and deeply comforting. Chinese noodle soups are always so fulfilling for my belly and my soul. Great broth is often the centerpiece of Asian noodle soups, so use homemade if you have it, or doctor up low-sodium store-bought broth with Asian paste and whole spices. Most of the time, simple is best. There are so many wonderful, inherently delicious flavors in the most simple ingredients, and you don’t always have to grind and saute and mix and beat and sear and combine thousands of ingredients to make something utterly delicious.

I don’t follow a recipe and every single time I make one of these soups they are so different. I base the soup on what meat is available, on sale etc and the vegetables that go in the soup follow the same premise. I often use soups like this as a way to finish off half a soggy shallot and that left over vegetables that is looking a bit sad in the bottom of the fridge. 



You never really know when the craving is going to strike and during the winter there really is nothing more comforting than a big bowl of noodle soup.and for this reason I always keep well stocked Asian pantry. In my opinion, there’s really never a wrong time to go for a giant bowl of noodle soup, loaded up with dumplings, green vegetables and mushrooms. There you go guys- "A Bowl of Soup Noodles With Chicken Dumplings And Fish Balls". A perfect dinner for the night after a long run in the park.

Ingredients
Serving Size:4 Persons

2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp chopped shallots
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1 cup baby bok choy washed 
1 cup of frozen chicken dumplings
8 nos of stored brought fish balls
1/2 cup of cubed tofu
2 chicken hot dog thinly sliced
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp spicy sesame oil
2 cups of home -made vegetable stock or u can boil 2 cups of water with a packect of sesaoning powder
salt and pepper to taste
handful beans sprouts

3 packet of stored brought noodle of any kind

Preparation for the noodles:
For the noodles: In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the noodles according to their package directions. Drain and set aside. 


Preparation Methods:
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.Then add tofu mushrooms hot dog and the baby bok choy and all all the seasoning powder. Allow it cook for sometime. Finally add the home-made vegetable stock. As it starts to boil-adjust the leave of seasoning. Add more if needed.
In the meantime, carefully put  chicken dumplings and fish balls into another large pot of boiling water over high heat. Stir the water with chopsticks in order to avoid the dumplings stick to the bottom.When the dumplings and fish balls float to the water surface. Immediately transfer them into the chicken stock. Add bok choy and cook for a while. Season with salt. Sprinkle spring onion and sesame oil.

Take a handful of noodles and lay them in a bowl.Spoon the hot stock and dumpling mixture over the noodles. Garnish with chopped fresh ciltrons and spring onions.



Comments

rajender_kaur said…
Hi there so good to see that you have returned to this blog. I love each and everything you have put up and have referred your blog to many of my friends too. Just wondering the facebook page you referred to here, it it called "Singapore Home cook food?"
Ohh thanks for keeping in tab with mt blog. It's "Singapore Home Cook". They share their home cooked food with recipe mostly Asian cooking.
Vikis Kitchen said…
Hi Saraswathy, Perfectly prepared soup dear. seems very tasty and healthy. Keep rocking !