Singapore Chilli Crab Style Prawns

Singapore Chilli Crab Style Prawns


I deliberately stayed out of the kitchen and end up cleaning the house instead . Hurrah!!! Finally I managed to clear off my laundry-all neatly washed , ironed and folded. I spent the rest of the afternoon rearranging photo albums and looking at  pictures . Then, I found the album of my previous Singapore holiday and guess what, the sudden creeping, conniving craving  takes over!  I gave in and started digging out our pantry for things I need for preparing Singapore Chilli Prawns. I am replacing the crabs with prawns today, which is equally as good.

As you probably already know that both myself and my daughter are a bit of a shrimp fanatic and I am always looking for tasty new ways to enjoy shrimp. Singapore chilli prawns is my gluten free version of a Singaporean seafood gastronomy amazingly popular in Singapore and Malaysia where Sri Lankan crabs are most frequently used, followed by prawns, stir-fried in a special sumptuous, sweet and savory sauce made from tomato, chilli, garlic, onion and rice wine vinegar, beaten egg and thickened with corn flour. This flavorful sauce is made delectably aromatic and has a distinctive fluffy consistency.


This chili prawns were really quick and easy to make and they turned out great! The sweet, hot and sour tomato sauce was so tasty and it went really well with the succulent prawns

Ingredients 
Serving Size: 4 persons

35 prawns, trim whiskers & keep shells intact
1 egg, lightly beaten

1 small ginger finely chopped

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium onion thinly sliced 

4 red chilli, deseed & slice
2 stalks spring onions
juice of 1 small lime
vegetable oil



Sauce: (combine in a bowl)
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp chilli Paste 

1/2 cup water
1 tbsp sugar

1 tbsp  sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar 

1 tsp cornflour
pinch of salt


Preparation Methods:
Heat wok  on medium to high heat and add 2 tbsp of oil. Fry prawns for 1 minute. Scoop out. Fry onions ,garlic, ginger, red chilli, then add in fried prawn. Next add in the sauce ingredients and simmer for 1 minute. Add in the cornflour mixture to thicken the gravy.Lastly  pour in egg mixture in a circular motion and allow to cook through before mixing it up.Add prawns and lime juice. Stir fry till prawns turn opaque.Stir in spring onions and serve.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job mommy.keep it up❤️❤️