Broccoli Manchurian

Broccoli Manchurian


Usually it's during the holiday season -I tend to neglect my blog and take a break but this  time it was surprisingly other way round. I have being cooking a lot during the holidays yet due to the shifting and other issues I was not able to sit in front of my computer. I have tried few different dishes during my absent and it was a big hit among everyone. Let's get back to my recipe for the day guys.

Tired of eating regular cauliflower manchurian? Just give a try to broccoli. An unique and delicious manchurian recipe for manchurian lovers.Though cauliflower manchurian is one of my absolute favourite appetizer of all time; I decided to give it a twist and make broccoli manchurian instead. Trust me it tasted just the same, maybe even better. I prefer the dry version n as it could be paired with fried rice. You can also make the sauce thinner and prepare gravy version as well. 



They are best served immediately so that it's still mildly crunchy yet starting to get soft from the sauce coated over the florets. This is how I like it. If you like it more soft then serve after few minutes. Oh!!!I just love this dry broccoli manchurian and I can eat the whole plate if left alone with it.

Try out is take on this classic cauliflower based -chinese recipe with broccoli and I promise you that this is the broccoli recipe you were waiting for. A guaranteed dish which would be a crowed pleaser among your guests!!!!



Ingredients:
For the Broccoli Fritters:
1 large broccoli florets
1 cup corn starch
1/2 tbsp rice flour
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all purpose flour
oil for frying

For the Sauce:
1 red onion chopped
4 pods of garlic minced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/2tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp hot chili paste
1tbsp vinegar
fenced minced green bell pepper
chopped coriander and chive leaves

Preparation Methods:
In a mixing bowl add the corn starch, rice flour and all purpose flour with enough water to form a smooth batter. Add salt and pepper accordingly.Heat medium wok and heat the oil. dip the broccoli florets into the batter and drop each float into to the oil- fry until crisp and drain on paper towel. In another wok heat some oil add the chopped red onion and sauce til soft and translucent. Then add in the minced garlic and ginger -saute for another 2 minutes. Finally add all the sauces and bring the mixture to boil. Once the sauce starts to thicken add the broccoli florets and mix well til each floret is well coated in the sauce. Stir in the chopped bell pepper and give quick mix. Remove for flame garnished with chopped chives and coriander leaves.




Comments