Grandma's Fried Bee Hoon With Mutton Balls

Grandma's Fried Bee Soon With Mutton Balls

At times when one's mind is being idle for a very  long time especially during this lockdown period, it's starts to think differently. Thats what is currently going on my mind too. Feeling very restless, bored and lazy my body just wants to relax . Do you guys also feel the the same as me? Well that's natural I guess. 

Being in my native since March 2020 , I have being trying to sit down quietly to publish my back-locked  recipes but its not happening as my screen keeps looking blankly at me whenever I try to write . Arghhhh!!!! But today sitting in current quarantine situation , sipping coffee and remembering some old times does make things warm. I do sound like a granny but the fact is I miss my home back , stuck up in this situation all I do is dream of good old days. And as I was filled with thoughts of home I suddenly remembered my late granny from my dad’s side “ Mee Hoon”, a very simple with limited ingredients yet a memorable dish to be cherished 
 Let's cut short of my outburst and get back to my recipe that Im going to share today with you all.


For those who have being frequently visiting blog knows that Im a noodle lover and have posted many of my favorite noodle recipes. The above dish happens to be my favorite since childhood and my great grandmother used to prepare those yummy Bee Hood noddles for me whenever she pays a visit. With very limited ingredients yet a very tasty plate of noodles which I can eat anytime of the day. 

Ingredients For Preparing the Noddles:

1 pkt dried mee hoon
5 cloves of garlic, chopped small
1 small red onion sliced
4 tbsp of pounded anchovy
1 medium tomato
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp sesame oil         
3 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp thick dark soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 egg, beaten

Preparation Methods:
Beat an egg and fry on a non-stick pan. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side, gently so as not to break the perfect round omelets. Cut into strips and keep aside. Bring water to boil, add in the dried noodles, let boil, noodle would be just softened & al dente but not too soft. Remove from flame. Drain the noodles in a colander and ‘wash’ with cooled boiled water Drain again excess water. Set aside..Heat the wok,  , add in 1 tbsp of oil, stir-fry chopped garlic , pounded anchovy and onion till fragrant but not brown. Add in the tomatoes stir-fry. Add in cooked noodles. Stir-fry for 1 minute, add in sesame oil, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and continue frying.Stir-fry for another 5-10 minutes. Dish up onto serving plate with lettuce and add omelet shreds.


Indian Style Mutton Balls

Mutton Balls are deep fried minced mutton balls made with beautifully spiced masala. This is a famous dish from Tamil Nadu, a South-Indian state. It can be served as both an appetizer and as a side-dish. These balls have a unique texture, it is very crispy on the outside; and soft and flavorful on the inside. The flavor of this meatballs are excellent and loved by kids. You will enjoy each and every bite of this.




Ingredients:

cup fresh shredded coconut

1 medium sized onion

5 cloves garlic

1 inch piece ginger

1 inch piece cinnamon

1 clove

1 cardamom

1 tsp fennel seeds

1 tbs khuskhus – white poppy seeds

1 tsp-coriander powder

1 tsp red chilli powder

3 green chillies

2 sprig curry leaves

finely chopped coriander leaves 

salt to taste

250 grams minced mutton

3/4 cup to 1 cup fried gram 


Preparation Methods:

Grind the fried gram into a fine powder. Add in all the ingredients expect minced mutton  and grind it to a smooth paste. Take a kadai and add in the meat. Fry the minced mutton till its completely dry.Pulse the minced mutton for just a couple of times. Set aside.Add the minced meat, ground masala  and mix well to form a soft dough. Apply little oil to your hands. Roll out small balls with your hands. Refrigerate the balls for 30 minutes before frying. Heat oil in a pan in medium heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the balls in low medium flame until golden.










Comments