Chicken 65

Chicken 65 (My version )


Waking up early to the gentle greeting of the raindrops against the windowpane is truly serene experience. The soft patter of rain treats a calming melody that gradually awakens the senses like a gentle alarm clock from nature. As I slowly opened my eyes the rain's soothing rhythm lulls me into the stage of relation, calmness easing into a new day ahead of me. It's the weekend and everyone is at home- hectic day ahead which gives the idea of running back to my cozy bed curling up with a warm cup of freshly brewed coffee enjoying the sounds of raindrops on puddles creating a symphony of splashes yet I brushed away the thought and entered the living room rubbing my eyes. 

I stumble into the kitchen bleary-eyed and yawn as the rain outside creating a cozy atmosphere. The room is still dim with only the faint glow of my coffee maker as I shuffles towards it. As I wait for the coffee to brew I lean against the counter, my eyes half-closed savouring the aroma that fills the air. My thought are hazy stilled wrapped in the warmth of my bed but the promise of that first sip of coffee slowly awakens my senses back. Finally the coffee maker beeps, and I pour myself a steaming cup. The first sip is like a wake up call, banishing the remnants of sleep and welcoming me to a new day.

The peaceful morning moment, shattered by the sudden invasion of hungry family members!! As I was savouring the warmth of my coffee, the moment was disrupted by the chorus of voices, each demanding to know: "What's for lunch?"That sudden barrage of questions abruptly replace my relaxed morning vibes with pressure of meeting the expectations of your loved ones. My mind races to come up with a satisfying answer. The pressure is on as I scan my mental culinary catalog searching for a perfect lunch solution as my mind race with options. The more I ponder on what to prepare- family's anticipation grows, their eyes fixed on me like hungry hawks when a perfect plan hits me. Let's prepare, "CHICKEN 65" perfect for the weather and all time favourite of everyone around me in the kitchen. All has agreed to the lunch plan and made my way to market to get all the ingredients to prepare that crispy fried chicken bites bursting with a satisfy crunch.



Chicken 65! A popular Indian- Chinese dish that has captured the hearts and taste buds of many. Visually appealing dish, with bite-sized pieces of chicken coated in a vibrant ed batter, deep fried to a crispy golden brown giving a prefect blend of spicy, savoury and tangly as the chicken pieces are marinated in a mixture of spices, herbs and sauces resulting in aromatic and addictive flavours. This dish is often served as an appetiser or snack garnished with chopped cilantro, sliced onions and lemon wedges.

As I enter the kitchen after marketing I was greeted by the warmth and loved my  family gathered around the counter eager to help to prepare lunch together. My children the little chefs-excitedly measure out the ingredient while my hubby expertly chopped the chicken into bitesized pieces. I marinate the pieces in a mix of curd, lemon juices and spices as the kitchen was filled with laughter and chatter. Anticipation builds as the flavour comes together and the aroma of spices and herbs fills the air as the warmth and comfort of the kitchen surrounded by loved ones- create a sense of contentment. Now let's get back to details on preparing this family effort recipe.



Ingredients For Preparation:
For the Marinade:
500 grams boneless chicken less chicken thighs
1/2 cup fresh curd
1tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1tsp Kashmir Chilli powder
1/2tsp jeer powder
1tbsp chicken tikka masala powder
1tsp brown sugar
salt to taste
2tbsp rice flour
3tbs corn flour
1tbsp gram flour

Other Ingredients:
few sprigs of curry leaves
few green chillies slit halved
few crushed garlic cloves with skin
2tbsp ghee
1tsp Chilli powder
1tsp fennel powder
1tsp pepper powder
Oil for deep frying
chopped coriander and mint leaves

Preparation Methods:
In a large bowl add all the ingredients mention in Marinade part except the flours. Whisk the ingredients  well and add the chicken cubes and coat well.Cover allow the the mixture marinate for 2 hours or for better result keep in fridge overnight. 

In a large heavy bottomed pan heat the oil. Remove the marinated chicken from fridge prior to frying and add all the flour to combine well. Once the oil is heated drop he chicken pieces one by one into the oil and deep fry for about 2-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a tissue paper lined plate

In wok add the ghee once hot add the curry leaves followed by garlic and green chillies on medium flame for a minute. Add the the chilli fennel and pepper powder- mix well. Finally add the chicken pieces and mix well. Remove from flame- garnish with chipped coriander and mint leaves.



Preparing this recipe with family is a heartwarming experience that combine love, laughter and flavours creating an unforgettable memory. The kitchen was transformed into a dynamic and sensory space where sight, sounds and aromas comes together in a perfect harmony crating an unforgettable culinary experience too!!!

Comments