Singapore Indian Mee Goreng

Due to the hectic life-style and working culture most Singaporean prefer to have food out rather cooking at home. In every hosing estate there would be either a food court or hawker center selling local food till midnight.Kopi tiams in Singapore are also commonly found in almost all residential areas as well as some industrial and business districts where you can also find the local food as well .Indian Mee Goreng is only of the local taste bud of most people living there. It's yellow egg noodle cooked with bean sports,bean curd ,minced mutton and potatoes. I used have Mee Goreng whenever I feel like eating...simply delicious..Many restaurant do have Mee Goreng in their menu but it never taste the same as done in the hawker center and cheaper too. $2 per plate with fried egg as topping...hmmm...mouth-watering when thinking about it...well too bad I cannot go back to have Mee Goreng so I'm going to pamper myself with my version of Singapore Indian Mee Goreng..it will never taste the same as done there but a least I have and tried my level best to prepare them all by myself...I cannot find yellow noddles here so I will substitute with angel hair spaghetti for my recipe...it came out really well but I could get the red color..will try out some other time..so here's my version and instead of mic ed mutton I'm using grounded turkey.

Singapore Indian Mee Goreng

Serving Size:4

Ingredients


1 cup grounded turkey
1lb Angel Hair Spaghetti ( boiled and kept aside)
1 cup bean sprout
1 cup boiled potato tossed with 1/2 tsp chili and turmeric powder cut into small cubes
1 cup finely chopped onions
2 green chillies finely chopped
2 garlic clove finely minced
2 eggs
1tsp chili powder
1tsp garam masala
2tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp tomato paste
2tbsp tomato ketchup
1tsp tumeric powder
salt to taste

Preparation Methods:
Coat a non-stick with 3tbsp oil and add the minced garlic and let it infuse the oil. Then add the chopped onions and green chillies. Saute till slightly browned- add the grounded turkey and let it become tender. Make a well in the center of the wok and pour 2tbsp oil and crack the eggs in and cover with a lid to let the eggs cook in the steam for 5 minutes-then remove lid and combine all together.

Then add bean sprouts and the potatoes and combine well with the eggs.Combine garam masala,tumeric powder, chili powder, tomato ketchup, tomato paste and soy sauce with 1 tbsp water in a small bowl, mix well and pour in. Let all the ingredients combine well in the sauce. Finally add the noddles and mix well with two wooden spoon.adjust the level of salt and remove from flame. Serve with lime wedge and chopped coriander leaves or even cumbers.,

Comments

Malar Gandhi said…
Honestly never heard b'4. Its sounds absolutely yummy. Interesting story.....you're like me....remembering whatever specials we had in the past. It makes me nostalgic too. Looking forward for more singaporean dishes....
Za said…
Great to see another Singaporean food blogger. Sigh...until now I haven't been able to replicate the color of the Indian mee goreng ...I am sure the just add lots of food coloring!!:)

Nice blog!