Rajma Kidney Beans Curry


Rajma (Kidney Beans Curry)

Actually I tried this dish in my friend Radhika's home in Singapore. That was the first time I ever heard of this dish but her was kinda of a bit sweet and at that time I wasn't very interested in cooking very much. I completely forgotten about it. Recently I was talk with one of my very close friend from India and she mention that she had Rajma chapati for dinner and decided to give this dish a try and it was definitely a success.

Ingredients:

Serving Size:5


2 cups kidney beans soaked overnight in hot water
1 small ginger
10 garlic cloves
3 whole dried chilies
2 large onion chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1tbsp chili powder
1tsp garam masala
salt to taste
chopped coriander leaves
4 cups water

Preparation Methods:

Grind ginger, dried chili and garlic into a fine paste.Heat oil in pressure cooker..once heated add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add the paste- fry for few minutes then followed by the chopped tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Cook till tomatoes are tender and then add the soaked beans and water. Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes. Release the pressure and mash the beans partially with the back of a ladle and stir in garam masala. Serve hot with chopped coriander leaves.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Madam wow!! All mouth-watering photographs.Keep going!!But just to let you know that Rajma is mis-spelt.Thanks.
Silly of me..I was typing tis recipe in hurry..thanks for correcting me..really appreciated that and thanks for the encouragement..