Deep Fried Masala Pomfret

I just simply love these fishes. They taste so delicious when deep fried with tons of spicy masala. After a very long time I found these fishes in the Asian Market. Immediately I grab a few good fish and told the seller to slice up them thinly.I still remember those days back in Singapore where I used to fight for the best parts of the fish with cousins.

Deep Fried
Masala Pomfret

Deep Fried Masala Pomfret

Ingredients

1lb Pomfret cut into thick strips
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp chillie powder
1tsp cumin powder
1/4tsp curry leave powder
1tbsp ginger garlic and chillie paste
1/2tsp garam masala
1tbsp fish curry powder
juice of half lemon
salt and pepper for taste

Preparation Methods:
Rub the fillets with 1tsp of salt and let it stand for 10 minutes and risen. Pat dry and all the ingredients into a large bowl with the fillets. Marinate overnight. Heat a heavy bottomed wok with oil on medium flame and once heat deep fry them until golden brown and transfer to a serving platter with chopped coriander leaves and lemon wedges.

Comments

Tina said…
Ohhh pass that plate dear..Spicy and yummy.
vaxcel said…
I love fish. I am so excited to try this.
Vikis Kitchen said…
Pomfret fish fry looks so classic , just like a star hotel platter. Superb recipe dear.
Priya Suresh said…
Woww fish fry paathathume pasikuthu, superb fry and delicious slices..
San!!! said…
Hi,your dishes are amazing and tempting.You have got a colorful space.
Supriya said…
Looks yummy..mouthwatering fish fry:)
Bindiya said…
Got no words to say-except looks simply mouthwatering!
Urmi said…
Pomfret fish is my favourite and seeing the picture I feel like having it now. Looks delicious .
dsdsds said…
perfectly cooked and nice brown color.. looks very tempting!
Anonymous said…
Hi

Is the fish used in the recipe pomfret or salmon as mentioned in the recipe.

Neville
my kitchen said…
Spicy & yummy,looks perfect,my hubby loves it
Thanks you so much girls for the lovely comments and encouragement so far..really appreciated each's effort to go tru my recipes...