Jemput-Jemput Pisang

This is a Malaysian snack called Jemput-Jemput Pisang which I had munched as many as I could during my childhood and have completely forgotten about . When I was in India my mother in-law used to make these for me.Two days back I saw the update in my friend Viki's blog on Vaazhai Pazha Paniyaaram. Oh my God how could I have forgotten the snack of my childhood. My another friend Priya's Cucur Kodok, have post her version of the theses yummy banana fritters too.There's varies versions in preparing these yummy crispy banana balls and this my version just as I used to have back in my childhood days.

Jemput-Jemput Pisang

Ingredients
Serving Size: Makes abt 15 balls


5 big ripe bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1/4tsp salt
a pinch of baking powder
1/4tsp cinnamon powder
vegetable oil for deep frying

Preparation Methods:
Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder into a medium bowl.In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas,egg and sugar. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined. Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. To make these more tasty I just add 1tbsp sugar,1tbsp brown sugar and 1/4tsp cinnamon powder and powdered them.Just sprinkle them on the steaming hot banana balls.It will tasty heaven.



Comments

Sarah Naveen said…
New to me...looks tempting!!
Vikis Kitchen said…
Jemput Pisang looks so catchy. Bookmarking yours. Thanks for liking my paniyaram dear.
Priya Suresh said…
Wow Sara! this banana fritters looks really gorgeous dear, will definitely try soon..thanks for sharing dear..
Unknown said…
i was wondering when saw the title..my hubby's malay friend used to bring this for him..
Suparna said…
love anything made with bananas..these are perfect for anytime eat! thanks for sharing the recipe dear :)
Thanks u girls for the lovely comments..All the credit goes to Viki and Priya for reminding me my childhood snack..Hope u guys will tried out the recipe and let me know the outcome:D
gtyuk said…
looks delicious! children will love it;
rajender_kaur said…
lovely recipe i tried it and everyone loved it.... threw in some choc chips tht were lying ard...mmmmm