Mixed Vegetable Soup With Dhal

"Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat."
The above said is true esp to me. I was complaining non-stop from starting summer to end about how the sun was attaching me with his blazing rays-sweaty in the kitchen ect. The summer season is over and winter is spreading his chillness around us and me complaining how cold it is.That's human nature I guess :D Yesterday morning I couldn't even see a thing outside my apartment-so misty,coldly and foggy. I really wanted to enjoy these foggy climate but my body doesn't really agree with my mind . My body was screaming at me "Get back to the house now or I will freeze to death".Eventually I went back and was think how to comfort myself .Think !!!Think!!! I made myself a very healthy soup and really enjoyed each spoonful with delight.
Mixed Vegetable Soup With Dhal

Ingredients
Serving Size: 4

1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup potatoes
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
2tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup moong dhal
a pinch of hing powder
salt to taste
2 tomatoes
2tsp black pepper powder

Preparation Methods:
Add 2tsp olive oil to pressure cook. Saute the onions and garlic till browned and add cauliflower,broccoli,potatoes, dhal ,hing powder and salt. Allow the vegetable and dhal to combine well. Finally pour in 2 cups of warm water and cook for 4 whistle. Remove from flame and allow the pressure to be released. Blend them til smooth once it's cooled-set aside. Puree the tomatoes. Heat a wok- add 1tsp oil saute the chopped carrots till tender and add the pureed tomatoes.As it's to come to a boil -add the vegetable mixture and the pepper powder. Bring to a full boil. Adjust the level of salt and pepper. Add if necessary. Transfer to a soup bowl and enjoy.

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
Real comforting food, loved this version of soup with dhals..yumm!
Sarah Naveen said…
Yummy and healthy one..Loved it..
Tina said…
Healthy and delicious....
Suparna said…
nice and healthy dish sara, beautiful neat presentation :)
Chitra said…
Comfort food , new to me..
Urmi said…
Dal looks yummy and delicious. Wonderful presentation.
Please collect your award from my blog.
Malar Gandhi said…
Sounds yumm, healthy soup...perfect for this weather:)
lubnakarim06 said…
Carving for it right now...looks very yum...
Padhu Sankar said…
Real comfort food. New comer here.Do drop by
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/