Pesarattu

Dosa batter is a must in my home and I will be lost without them.I always make sure that I have enough batter at home as my kids loves to have dosa with sambar everyday.As the dosa batter was over and I was feeling very lazy and bored to have the same kind of doas.When I was in Owasso my good friend Lakshmi used to prepare green gram dosa which was very tasty but never really got the change to prepare them.As I have a habit of writing down the recipes and searched high and low for it. I have add garlic and freshly grated coconut to my recipe.

Pesarattu

Ingredients

Serving Size:5

1 cup whole green gram with skin
1/2cup rice
5 green chillies
1tbsp ginger garlic paste
1tbsp cumin seeds
few sprig curry leaves
1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
salt to taste.
finely chopped onions

Preparation Method:
Soak the whole green gram and rice overnite and grind to a paste with ginger garlic paste,green chillies,curry leaves and grated coconut. transfer the batter to a bowl and add the cumin seeds and salt. Blend them well and set aside for 1 hour or you can make doas straight way.The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped. Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well.

Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.Sprinkle some of the chopped onions. Pour a tsp. of ghee or oil over it.Flip over and allow the another side to be cooked. Remove with spatula when crisp. Serve hot with chutney and / or sambar.

Comments

Chitra said…
Looks very nice.i've tried once :)
Thanks Chit for the comment...my kids never like the taste but my hubby just love it and want m,e to increase the amount of chilies :)
Priya Suresh said…
Even my kids never like this pesarattu, but am a big fan of this dish..
Vrinda said…
Nice healthy dosa...lov green moong daal
Rohini said…
Pesarattu looks perfect Sara dear! I prefer these as they are healthy, but DH always loves dosas! I think it is the same story everywhere! ;)
Lavanya Siva said…
Wow, it took m back to India......
Sindhura said…
Yum Yum
Truly Andhra style!!
Drop in sometime.
Please add me in ur blogroll
Sarah Naveen said…
Pesarattu looks soo yummy..I am yet to try this..gonna bookmark ur recipe..
gtyuk said…
that's a nice nutritious and yummy breakfast Sara!!
Urmi said…
Pesarattu is a new dish for me and it looks tempting. I will definitely try it out. Thanks for this yummy recipe.