Potato Mushroom Balls

Potato Mushroom Balls
I used to be a hard fan of non-veg platter since a teenager whereas my hubby was against it when we were new married couple. Fridays is the only day where you can find pure vegetarian meals at my home back in Singapore as my grandma passed away on that day. Since then my dad stop eating non-veg on Fridays and other traditional occasions. In my hubby's family Sunday is the only day when his mother prepare a feast of everything. Their daily menu on Sunday would be chicken briyani,chicken gravy,fish and meat balls.Things have changed now:- my hubby cannot survive without having non-veg. hehehe. Yesterday night I was so tired to prepare any dinner and wanted my hubby to order some veg pizza from Pizza Hut as we don't eat non-veg on Mondays and Thursdays.

"What pizzaaa today!!!! Are you crazy.I'm not having any pizzas without any chicken on it,maybe tomorrow"-hmm that was my hubby's response.Not only my hubby even some of my friends gives the same comment whenever I mention-"I'm in the mood to eat Veg Mexican Bowl or go to Taj to have curd vadai or even onion rava dosa with sambar and chutney" and "Oh my gosh I cant believe you eat that crap".Never mind about those outburst I do still like to prepare finger licking snacks to enjoy myself once in a well. Whenever I go for any buffet in Indian restaurant-there's always Veg Ball Manchurian and I simply enjoy them.I have tried making them at home but never get it perfect.After endless attempts I find got and wish to share the recipe will all..

Ingredients Serving Size:4
1 cup boiled potatoes
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup finely minced button mushrooms
1 cup finely chopped onions
1tbsp minced garlic and ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
1tbsp chillie flakes
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup cornflour
1tsp pepper powder
1/4tsp garam masala

Preparation Methods:
Add some water to the cornflour with garam masala,pepper powder and a little salt. Blend to a smooth past and keep aside.In a work add some oil-once heated saute the onions,mushrooms, ginger,garlic,green chillies,salt,chillie flakes and coriander leaves until well done. In a large bowl add the cooked rice and mashed fine. Then add the potato,bread crumbs and sauteed onion mixture. Blend them well adjust the level of salt.

Divided the mixture evenly and roll out each into small ball. Apply some oil to palm so that they don't stick. Repeat until all are down. Heat oil in wok-dip each ball into the cornflour mixture and deep fry them in small batch. Drain on paper towel and serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.


Comments

yummy balls...
Looks like you have converted your hubby with all the good non veg food!
Nithya said…
Absolutely yummmmm.. so evenly sized and looks too perfect.. :)
Vrinda said…
WOW those looks like sweet undas..nice texture....
Priya Suresh said…
Wowww prefect balls, looks fantastic and crispy...i love this sort of deepfried balls, have to make it now..
Trendsetters said…
perfect rounds...looks appetizing
Hayley said…
Perfect and delicious vada!! looks tempting and inviting..:-))
Rachana said…
The Potatoes mushroom ball have out so round and perfect! Feel like trying it out right away:) Yummy!!!!
Sumi said…
Completely new recipe to me, inbetween a cutlet and a manchurian(dry)...the balls look lovely...will try it out..
Unknown said…
Mushroom balls is new to me...but looking at this i feel like making malai kofta..soon...
Fathima said…
Yummy 'n crispy potato balls! love it...
Tina said…
Crispy and perfect mushroom balls...
Sushma Mallya said…
looks so very tempting and perfect snack for any spl get together...
Sarah Naveen said…
Cute and perfect looking snack..Looks so yummy dear..yumm yumm
Pari Vasisht said…
Lovely ones dear. I am so glad that u post veg recipes once in a while :)
Thanks for the all lovely comment..boost for my healing health:) Well I do make vegetarian dish Pari but never try anything different as my hubby like more of traditional way of preparing them and the taste has to be exact:)Will post more when my in-law is here:D
ambicks said…
i love musroom balls.But this is new with rice. sounds really tasty. and looks very attractive.
Mythreyi Dilip said…
These beautiful golden balls looks so crunchy and yummy. Perfectly shaped da:)