Snow Peas Stems With Dried Shrimps

Snow Peas Stems with Dried Shrimp
Hi guys I'm back with a recipe from my kitchen to yous again. I'm feeling better now and back to my cooking.As the doctor has told to me take plenty of rest but keeping myself out of the kitchen was really a difficult job and seeing my hubby tensed up looking for the ingredients in pantry made me smile but at the same time felt pity for him too..so I have decide to take it slow and back to my normal routine.The comforting words and encouragement from all you guys have boost up my energy to full form again:) I think now he know how hard it's to keep the kitchen clean and the kids out of the kitchen.I got these snow peas stems from-the Asian store yesterday. Actually this is the first time I'm preparing this dish and it came out really deliciously.
These snow peas stems are also known as Snow Peas Sprouts and are available in the Asian Stores.Mostly used in Chinese cooking.These stems are firm but tender new shoots of the snow pea plant. The sprouts are eaten raw, steamed, stir-fried or added to soups. The sprouts will also produce succulent stems and leaves, known as snow pea leaves or tendrils, which can be steamed or used in stir-frying. The flavor provided by the Sprouts is very similar to spinach leaves.Even the snow-peas leaves taste excellent when cooked separately or any to any kind of meat especially with pork or prawn..They may great combination in flavor as well as in texture...

Ingredients:
Serving Size:4

1 packet snow peas stems
2tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 yellow onion chopped finely
1tsp chili flakes
1tsp Chinese Rice Wine
1tbsp dried shrimps pounded
1tsp dark soy sauce
1/2tsp grounded black pepper
salt to taste
1tbsp sesame oil

Preparation Methods:
In a large bowl filled with cold water, gently wash the snow peas stems in several changes of water until thoroughly cleaned. Infuse 1tbsp of olive with crushed chill flask in a non-stick pan followed chopped onions,minced garlic and the pounded dried shrimps. Once the onions turn brown add the stems with all the remaining ingredients.. Once they are tender- adjust the level of salt to ensure the taste is right. Remove and transfer to a platter and drizzle the sesame oil over i.

Comments

Cool Lassi(e) said…
Love the colorful shot of the dish. But I have no idea what snow-peas stems are..very new to me. Delicious combo!
Priya dharshini said…
I like ur new template..perfect match for ur masala dishes... obsessed to c ur blog every other day..
Suparna said…
U blog looks beautiful sara :)
Interesting ingredients to the dish.
TC
Tina said…
Great recipe dear....Looks yummy.
notyet100 said…
this looks so healthy nd delicious
Priya Suresh said…
New template looks fantastic Sara, dunno we get this snow peas stem here, such a delicious masala...yumm!
Nice Recipe !! Thanks for sharing.
SUFFIX said…
Welcome back, Wish you a happy & healthy life.
Vrinda said…
Thats something new Sara..looks and sounds so good with dried shrimps and wine,my hubby will lov these,Liked ur new layout,looks so neat...
Sarah Naveen said…
yummy combo...wanna try this ...delicious...
Deepti said…
Never used snow peas stems but luks healthy...combo sounds interesting.
Looks so good and hope its healthy too,,,
Siddhi Shirsat said…
hi...this is my first visit to ur blog...u hv a lovely blog with awesome recipes...this rdish is superb, loved the combo,looks delicious...very nice recipe...Hey i am following u so that i can track all ur future recipes and visit them n comment.

http://siddhiscookingexperiences.blogspot.com/
I am famished now... With all those ingredients I would say this is simply the best dish for dinner!!!

http://memoryarchieved.blogspot.com
Mythreyi Dilip said…
Dish looks very colorful dear, not heard about snow peas stem, would love to try it:)

And your new template looks very beautiful and attractive da.......