Wonton Soup With Rice Noodles

Wanton Soup
I have being held up with many stuffs in my routine and could never find time to get hold of the computer. The net connection is making me mad and couldn't finish up my post most of the time.I really made up my mine to post a recipe today and here I am with a delicious mouth-watering soup which can vanished in seconds once served:)

Soups add variety to meals, are cheap, and warm you up on a cold, winter day. Soup is nourishing and comforting - nearly everyone likes soup.And, there are soups for everyone's taste - from the most delicate broth to the most hearty chowder.Soups are a good way to use the small quantities of leftover meat and vegetables that accumulate in the refrigerator.The climate in CBE is really unstable...not sure wherther it's summer or winter season. It's getting extremly clod for the past few days and What can be better than slurping up a bowl of warm and comforting delicious wanton soup. I have preapared this mouth-watering tummy filling soup a few times when I was in USA and it came out perfertly in CBE too but with slight changes :) I have add some rice noodles to make the soup more tummy filling..

Serving Size: 4

Ingredients:
1 medium carrot thinly sliced
1 liter water 2 cups of stock
2tsp grated fresh ginger
3tsp soy sauce
3 shallots chopped
1 cup cooked flat rice noodles
1tbsp fresh coriander leaves

For the wantons:
I made them while I was in USA but cannot find them here in CBE so I used frozen once here.
2 Chinese dried mushrooms
1tsp peanut oil
1 clove garlic chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1/2 cup minced chicken
2tsp soy sauce
1/2 chilli paste
2tbsp chopped water chestnuts
Wonton Wrappers

Preparation Methods:
Place the mushroom cover with boiling water and let it stand for 20 minutes.Drain the mushroom,discard the stems and chop the caps very finely.Heat the oil in pan,add the garlic and onion. Cook til the onions are soft. Combine onion mixture with all the remaining ingredients.Place a tablespoon of the mixture in centre of each wonton wrapper and brush the edges lightly with water. Pull up the edges of the pastry around the mixture and pinch together to seal.Combine carrots,water,stock,ginger,sauce and shallots in a larger pan and simmer covered for 5 minutes or until the carrots becomes tender. Add the noodles and wonton,simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until the wontons float to the surface and are cooked through. Stir in the coriander leaves.Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.



Comments

Padhu Sankar said…
Totally new to me .Looks yummy
Priya Suresh said…
Wonton soup looks soo inviting,great and delicious Saraswathy..
Sumi said…
I so love ur soup.Perfect for a rainy day like today here
Hi...thats a lovely soup. I also moved to cbe from US....where do u get wonton wrappers? I have been struggling too to get ingredients!
Unknown said…
Perfect dinner for me looks so interisting...
looks so good... I would love to have some...
Gayu said…
Very new dish..This one looks delicious for sure..

G
http://ensamayalarangam.blogspot.com
Reva said…
Looks lovely and delicious...
Reva