Hot and Sour Thai Prawn Soup

I have few confessions to make here :( I have mentioned before why I wasn't able to blog regularly as I used too. Very simply folks I'm getting very lazy and have stared losing interest in cooking. Most of the ingredient which I frequently are not easily available here in CBE and sometime my net connection take a very long time to download my snaps. Days pass by so quickly indeed..just image it's Monday and my weekend in my native is over and back to CBE life again. Do your kids have that one special recipe they ask for over and over again. I really cannot remember how long the following recipe has being idle in my folder but hot favorite in my home which I enjoy preparing frequently when we were in USA. I have yet to prepare these mouthwatering soup packed with exotic flavor and spice in CBE soon without lemon grass as it's not available in CBE.

A very simple soup that gives off a complex aroma and flavor. One taste of these prawns in the spicy and sour broth will send your taste buds to the tropics of Thailand.Lime leaves and lemon grass are combined with prawns to create a delicious Thai soup. If you have all the ingredients on hand it's easy to put together and makes the perfect comfort food.

Ingredients

Serving Size :5

1 cup cooked medium prawns
3 cup mushroom stock or veg stock
1tsp roughly chopped garlic
3 dried lime leaves
2tbsp shredded fresh ginger roots
1 can button mushroom chopped
4 red chilies
1 stalk lemon grass crushed
1tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 spring onions sliced
6tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp fresh lime juice

Preparation Methods:
Heat oil in a wok and add the garlic, salt. lime leaves, ginger roots lemon grass ,sliced mushrooms and red chiles.Once became fragrant add the mushroom stock. Bring to boil, reduced to a simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.Strain the stock and return to the same wok- add the cooked prawns and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove from flame- add coriander,spring onions,lime juice and fish sauce. Mix and serve.

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
Delicious soup, feel like finishing that bowl.
Reva said…
That is a yummy soup..:)
Reva