Kara Kolukattai

For the first after many year I wanted to prepare these Kara Kalukattais for Vinayaka Chathurthi but unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the function due to some personal reason but my in-law made these for the Lord Ganesha. This is one of my favorite snacks. This very quick and easy to prepare recipe which are normally loved by kids too.

Kara Kolukattai


Serving Size :5

Ingredients:

1 cup coarsely grinded rice batter
1tsp mustard seeds
1tbsp urual dal
1tbsp chana dal
2 green chillies chopped
1 cup thinly sliced shallots
2tbsp grated coconut
handful of chopped coriander leaves
handful of chopped curry leaves

Preparation methods:
Add1 tbsp oil to wok and saute all the given ingredients expect the batter. Add enough salt and saute til the onion are well fried. Add the batter and mix till thick. Remove from flame and allow the mixture to cool off a bit.Shape as u desire and steam cook it in iddle vessel. Remove and
serve hot with any chutney.

Comments

Chitra said…
I love this. my mom makes it often :)
Sarah Naveen said…
simply delicious..nice recipe..
Prema said…
I am craving for this now...luks delicious...
Unknown said…
These look very yummy!Can have this anytime-:)
Kara Kozhukattai is one of my fave dear.Thanks for sharing this recipe.