Stir Fried Veggies With Anchovy Fish

Stir Fried Veggies With Anchovy Fish
A few days ago I was going to the local market with my FIL and huge basket with dried anchovy fish were all over the market. Perhaps these dried fishes are on season now. I keep seeing them everywhere and the price were quite reasonable but varies from one stall to another. This is something which I grew up with, my dad's mom -my late granny always loves to pounded up these fishes and combine them with vegetables esp cabbages.I just adore my granny and always like to fight with her over my dad as he was her pet. She passed away when I was 5 years old and it's being 30 years. She had a very bad fall while she was visiting us and never-recover from it.I prepare the following dish few weeks ago. I still miss my grandma's cooking :(

Serving Size : 4


Ingredients:

1/2 cup long beans
1/2 cup lady's finger
1/2 cup cabbage
2 chopped red chillies
1tbsp minced garlic
1tbsp shredded Ginger
1tsp mustard seed
Few dried chillies
1/2tbsp fried anchovy fish
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation Methods:
Heat oil in a wok add the mustard seed. As it starts to crack add the dried chillies followed by the minced garlic and shredded Ginger. Stir fry til fragrant. Then add all the vegetable and cook till tender. Finally add salt, pepper and the fried anchovy fish. Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.

Comments

Superb Stir-fried Veg with Anchovy fish.Yummm and delicious combo dear.
Priya Suresh said…
Super tempting dish,loving it.
Sushma Mallya said…
Lovely recipe...but haven't tried adding anchovies to the vegs...looks good:)
Glad that you can find anchovies in US, I like to use it in many way of cooking, even added into Chinese fried rice, simply yummy !
Sarah Naveen said…
i love those tiny ones! nice recipe..looks so yum!
Urmi said…
Wonderful preparation of fish.I liked the addition of veggies which is very healthy as well as delicious.