Indian Style Crab Masala



Indian Style Crab Masala

Can you guys still remember me?? I have really being so busy these days and have completely shut myself out of the blogging world which was one of passion. Dragging my legs to the kitchen has become a burden to me and I feel that my kitchen is terrible annoyed with my cannot be bothered attitude. Anyhow I still cook. Recently I was out stationed and prepared crab masala which happens to be my favorite dish since a teenagers. My dad used to prepare them very often and I would fight with my sister to grab the fleshly parts  of the crabs




South Indian crab masala it is very tasty food. we can take as main course. it is also a tasty meal for dinners.spicy,hot crab.This is an easy to make crab fry with ingredients that will be normally available in any kitchen pantry, just reach for a few of them and you will have a tasty and juicy crab fry!!


Ingredients
Serving Size :4

1kg  alive crabs

  • 1/2 cup shallots sliced
  • 1 tomato silced
  • 3 garlic crushed
  • 3tbs curry leaves
  • 1/4 corriander leaves
  • 3tbs chilli powder
  • 2tbs coriander power

  • 1/4tbs cumin power
  • 3 tbs refined oil
  • 3tbs coconut grind
  • 1ts mustard
  • 1/4ts fenugreek
  • to taste salt
  • 1tbs crushed pepper
Preparation Methods:


Clean and cut the crabs.Add all powdered masala into the crab. Add salt and keep aside.Heat the oil and add the mustard and fenugreek followed by shallots. Fry the shallots till light brown and then add add garlic ,tomato -fry well with medium flame.Then add the crabs mix well.

After 5 minutes add 1/2 glass water.close with lid.After 5 mins add curry leaves, coriander,coconut,mix well. After 5 mins once  all water absorbed lower the flame and mix well every mins carefully until the crab gets brown -add pepper and mix well.Once the crab is tender and fully cooked - garnish with coriander. 




Comments

Unknown said…
Tasty dish....i simply love crabs...will try ur receipe soon...cheers...Joyce
Unknown said…
Tasty dish....i simply love crabs...will try ur receipe soon...cheers...Joyce
Unknown said…
Tasty dish....i simply love crabs...will try ur receipe soon...cheers...Joyce