Chocolate Almond Biscotti With Walnuts and Raisins

 Chocolate Almond Biscotti With Walnuts and Raisins


When was the last time you were so excited about something that you couldn't sleep because all you wanted to do was tell the world everything about the incredible experience you just had? That was me last night. I just had my own domain for my blog " Taste of Saras" and mind was screaming -"What are you waiting for ??? Start your cooking sphere again lady!!!".Haha my mind can be hyper like this once in a while 🤣

As I have mentioned in my earlier post- the climate is pretty unpredictable these days. I was feeling very gloomy and disturbed as I was sipping my coffee. A quick flash capture my mind and it's being quite a long time since I baked something 🤔

I was actually forced into baking..haha..it was in secondary school back home in Asia and Home Economics was a compulsory subject for the first two year. There was no way around it and soon I started cooking and baking. I had my hands on baking for the first time with my class teacher .We made brownies from scratch and at that time I wasn't that impressed with baking. As time flies slowing I got interested baking and try few recipes - nothing fancy or extraordinary just normal cakes and biscuits adapted from magazines and baking books. 


I came across this yummy Italian cookie kind biscuits and wanted give a tried. The biscotti was so crispy and flavorful .It’s an apt description: biscotti are twice-baked, oblong-shaped cookies made intentionally dry and crunchy for dunking into coffee or tea!!! Hmmm simply heavenly .When you dunk these biscotti into your coffee, they soften, becoming rich, chocolaty and decadent.


You’ll want to bake these for the incredible aroma that will permeate your house and have you salivating. Biscotti take a bit of time and effort, but these are well worth it: crisp but not brittle with a honeyed sweetness that is balanced nicely with the almonds. Bakes these to feeling the aroma in your kitchen guys and will catch up with all in my next post soon. Have great weekend !!!

Ingredients:
Serving Size: Makes about 30 biscottis

3/4 cup whole almonds toasted
1/4 cup walnuts toasted 
1/4 cup golden raisins 
2/3 cup granulated brown sugar
2 large eggs, 
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 2/2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate 


Preparation Methods:
Place the almonds and walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Beat the sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy (about 5 - 10 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract and the honey. Scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl as needed. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and beat until combined. Fold in the chopped almonds walnuts raisins and chunks of chocolate.

Transfer the batter to a well floured surface and roll into a log shape. Transfer the log to a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.Reduce your oven temperature to 325 degrees F Transfer the log to a cutting board and cut into slices. Place the biscotti, cut side down, on your baking sheet. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, turn the slices over, and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and dry to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.



Coming up next would : Singapore Sambal Fried Rice
Cooking fried rice is a great way to clear your fridge of any leftovers you have. Stir fried with sambal, this fried rice is a guaranteed pleaser for spicy food lovers. So keep visiting for the detailed recipe soon guys


Comments