Variety Of Dosas

Variety Of Dosas


As I have mentioned in my earlier post that I’m lost without having sufficient dosa batter in my fridge. It’s a MUST for me as it makes my life easier as I can bribe my son in helping me out with housecleaning. All I need to do is just heat my tava and prepare crispy dosas drizzled with ghee he will be next to me in seconds. 

Summer is here!!! The warm wind, the long evenings, the smell of the ice cream, the sweet Paddles and Vacations time for the kids to explore the world around ,experience new things, and make lasting memories. This year we decided to enroll the kids for swimming and I’m running around like crazy and theses dosa batter comes in handy preventing me from getting tensed from all those screaming by the kids -“I’m hungry I need food”.


My MIL makes the perfect crispy dosas and I can never reach that spot but I’m not a bad dosa maker either. Before marriage I couldn’t get a perfect shaped dosas at all. After hopeless failures and criticism I managed to prepare perfectly shaped crispy dosas with my magical touch. From time to time I tried to add some colors to the dosas. Chopped onions, mixed colored peppers, chopped tomatoes coriander leaves or even sprinkling of spicy home made podi gives more flavors instead of plain dosas. Following recipe feature few of the various dosas loved by my family. Just don prepare normal dosas add veggies to create a healthy version for everyone to try. Til then happy cooking guys and don forget to stay tune for more dishes from my kitchen to yours!!!



Batter for Dosai :
Ingredients
4 cup parboiled rice 
2 cup white urad dal 
1 tsp fenugreek seeds 
Ice water for grinding


Preparation Methods: 
Wash the rices and dal together. Add plenty of water and fenugreek seeds. Allow to soak overnight in the fridge Rewash the rice by draining the water. Grind to a coarsely batter paste,keep aside in a warm place for 8-10 hours.


Other Ingredients:
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1 cup thinly cubed tomatoes 
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
2 green chillies seeded and chopped
Spicy home made podi
Ghee

Preparation Methods For Various Dosas:
Onion Dosas:
Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well. Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round. Sprinkle a handful of finely chopped onion onto the batter and tap to ensure that the onions are struck to the batter properly...Crispy Onion is ready to your plate...


For Coriander Dosas:
Sprinkle handful of coriander leaves and few chopped green chillies onto the batter and tap to ensure that coriander are struck to the batter. Once the sides are browned flip over the dosa for 5 minuets - add some spicy podi ,fold and transfer to serving plate.

For Tomato Carrot Dosa With Podi:
Add the chopped tomatoes and carrots to the dosas. Once browned flip over to cook well . After 5 minuets flip back drizzle some ghee and 1 tsp of podi. Spread well fold and transfer to the serving plate.


Comments