Home made Pancakes

Home Made Pancakes

There's an old proverb that say's, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and  wise".I have the habit of getting up early in the morning and have formed a the routine of having long morning walks. As usual I was woken by the chirping of the birds right on the window pane beside my bed. Mesmerised by the morning wind I could hear the horns of guess on the main road.When I looked out of the window and found the roads very busy with people returning after morning workouts seems to gather in small groups doing yoga and stretching after which they would be heading to the coffee shops for their morning coffee. What ahh its just a dream😏 that's the way my day goes like clockwise. 

Realised that I was enjoying my vacation in Dallas with my cousin family dreaming about my daily routine back at home😂and as the day unfolds, there's a senses of wonder that lie beneath the surface of consciousness waiting to be explore once again in the realm of sleep.While I was trying to gather back my thoughts when the delightful aroma of pancakes begins to fill the air around thee room.


The sound of sizzling butter on the skillets adds the comforting ambiance punctuated by the occasional gentle clink utensils against the bowl as I slowly made my way to the kitchen finding my cousin Sharmi preparing pancakes batter  for breakfast. Well its pancakes for breakfast.

With steaming hot mug of coffee in my hands I visualised that on the counter treetop the ingredients are meaty arranged awaiting their turn to be transformed into fluffy golden pancake. My cousin moves with practiced ease effortlessly whisking together the dry ingredients before morning the milk and cracking an egg into the bowl. The rhythmic sound of the whisk against the metal bow l crates a soothing melody, of culinary creation. The mixing bowl sits front and center filed with a creamy batter that promise deliciousness with every scoop. 


As the batter come together my cousin heats the skillet watching as a payoff butter melts and sizzles ready to embrace the first ladleful of the prepared batter. The anticipation builds as the first pancakes hits the hot surface spreading into a perfect circle with satisfying hiss.Bubbles forms on the surface of the pancake singling that it's ready to be flipped . With a swift monition my cousin deftly turns the pancakes revealing a beautifully golden underside.

Ingredients For Preparation the Batter:
1 cup of all purpose flour
2tbsp sugar
2tbsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1cup milk
2tbsp melted butter
1 large egg
1tsp vanilla extract
blueberries, chocolate chips or any other desired mix in preference


Preparation Methods:
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. In another bowl whisk the milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and egg together til smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl combine both the mixture together to a fluffy batter. Lightly grease the skillet with butter  and pour 1/4 cup of batter and cook till golden brown on the other side. Cook until bubbles are formed the surface carefully flip the pancakes with spatula and cook until golden brown on the other side for about 1-2minutes. Transfer the cooked pancakes and serve with your favourite toppings such as apple syrup, fresh fruits or whipped cream.


Dig into your fluffy home made pancakes and savoy the deliciousness you're have create for your loved ones.  Home made pancakes are not only easy to prepare but also can be customisable to suite your taste preference. Experiment with different toppings and mix-ins to create your perfect plate of pancakes !!

Comments