Stir-Fried Ladies Fingers

Stir-Fried Ladies Fingers
While visiting my close friend Dana I taste her crispy okra fries..it was so good and my hubby like it some much. I prepared it few time at home and it was excellent, crispy and crunchy without a drop of oil..healthy too. then I was wondering how it will taste if i stir-fried it with onions just like normal vegetables. I got some fresh okra I got from the Indian store and gave it a shot..It was very good and here I am sharing that recipe with you. A big thanks to you Dana for sharing the recipe with me..and thanks to me for my creativity hehehhe..

Ingredients

Serving Size: 4


Marinate For Ladies Finger:

15 medium size ladies finger halved
1tsp garam masala
1tsp chillie powder
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1tsp curry masala
a pinch hing powder
1tbsp oil
salt and pepper to taste

Marinate the ladies finger with all the spices and leave it for 2 hours or overnight.

1 large onions sliced thinly
1/2tsp cumin seeds
1/2tsp mustard seeds
3 garlic clove minced
a sprig of curry leaves
1tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
1tsp chillie flakes
1tbsp tomato sauce
1tsp dark soy sauce
1/4tsp light soy sauce
salt if needed

Preparation Methods:

Arrange the marinate ladies finger in small batch in a large serving plate preferably oven proofed and mirco-wave on high for 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Make sure you don't overcrowd the ladies fingers.Once all the ladies fingers are done keep them aside.Coat a non-stick skillet with 2tbsp oil and once heat add the mustard seeds-as it starts to splutter add the cumin seeds,curry leaves,mint,garlic,chillie flakes and onions. Saute till the onions turned slightly brown. Then add all the sauce-saute till they thicken. Finally add the ladies finger and mix well. Add salt if needed. Remove from flame and transfer to serving bowl garnish with chopped coriander leaves.



Comments

Rajee said…
Very gud recipe... xcellent flavor...