Ayam Panggang ( Spicy Roast Chicken)

Ayam Panggang ( Spicy Roast Chicken)
Can you believe that it's being almost 4 year since I have being to my hometown for a decent vacation? I really need a break and got a very good chance last Dec 2010 for a vacation to Singapore for 25 days. It was just me....only me this time. As the flight landed in Singapore all my childhood flash-back were just in front of my eyes. A teenager in school uniform with carefree life was just overwhelming. Hmmm..back to present-that was very long time back. Now my kids are going to enter that age and life in few years time.I really enjoyed myself and have get-together with my collage friends,relatives and loved ones. I visited one of my very close friend who is also a great cook Yati during my vacation and happens to prepare this mouth-watering Malaysian dish for me. The only regret I had was that my hubby and my kids weren't around to taste it:(

Serving size:4-6

Ingredients
:
1 large whole chicken
3tbsp chopped red chillies
5 cloves of garlic
3tbsp green peppercorn crushed
2tsp brown sugar (Optimal)
2tbsp soy sauce
2tsp ground turmeric
1tbsp lime juice
chopped butter for blasting

Preparation Methods:

Preheat the oven to 350°C. Chop the chicken in half by cutting down the backbone and tuck the wings underneath.Place the chicken-skin-side up and bake for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Brush the mixture all over the chicken and bake for another 30 minutes or thorough cooked. Serve warm garnished with lime wedge.


Comments

Looks awesome and must taste divine!!! just curious abt u have a feeling that v've met especially reading ur previous posts!! I stay in sreevatsa residency!Let me know!!!
@My cooking Experiments
Well I too stay in Sreevatsa residency H 108 wht abt u??
Priya Suresh said…
Enjoy ur stay dear, happy vacations..

Roasted chicken looks marvellous and truly tempting..
Unknown said…
Lovely perfectly roasted chicken looks yumm....
Rookie Qookie said…
oh dear! this is some roasted chicken, absolutely wonderful!

Cheers,
Reshmi
Mouthwater..... very tempting.
Vikis Kitchen said…
Happy to read about your independent tour:) Enjoy well dear. Off late I am too lazy at blogging. sorry , I missed many yummy posts. The roasted chicken makes me drool....perfect and beautiful.
Sarah Naveen said…
great to hear that you had an awesome vacation sweetie..
This looks so yummy!! i want it now :::
Sushma Mallya said…
lovely colour and it looks mouthwatering...
Reva said…
Superb chicken dish... the pic is just so lovely...
Reva
Unknown said…
Lovely roast chic. Just to check....rosat the chick 30 mins without any marinate and later another 30 mins after brushing the marinate over?? what's the purpose of baking the first 30 mins without the marinate pls??
I'm using chicken with skin..the fat will get absorb and the taste would be perfect....