Samosa Chat

Samosa Chat
I happened to learn about this recipe from my fellow blogger Asha of Aroma http://aromahope.blogspot.com/2009/04/samosa-chaat-baby-butter-beans-potato.html.Ihave add my own ingredients to suit the taste of my family. I absolutely love when a favorite dish can be transformed into a mouthwatering recipe.The following recipe was created using leftover samosa. Homemade samosa chats are one of my favorite Indian snack whenever I am yearning for chat.Very easy and delicious....my mouth is already watering while writing the recipe;D Lets enjoy the homemade potato samosa flattened on a plate, topped with chickpeas, yogurt, onion, tamarind chutney, mint chutney, sev and finished with chaat spice.

Serving Size : 4

Ingredients:

4 samosas
1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
1 cup yogurt (beaten with little salt and sugar)
tamarind chutney - as needed
mint chutney - as needed
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup shredded cucumber
1/2tsp roasted cumin powder
1/4tsp red chilly powder
1/2tsp chaat masala
onions - handful (finely chopped)
tomato - handful (chopped)
cilantro - 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Sev and/or Bhoondhi

Preparation Methods:
The samosas should be crispy for the chaat to taste good.Arrange a couple of samosas in a serving dish and smash it with your hands. You can also cut the samosas into 2-3 pieces with a knife.
Add the boiled chickpeas over the smashed samosas. Top it with some chopped onions, tomatoes,shredded carrots,shredded cucumber, cilantro, tamarind chutney and green chutney. Pour the beaten yogurt over the top.Sprinkle some red chilly powder, cumin powder and chaat masala over the yogurt.Finally sprinkle sev and/or boondhi on top and serve immediately. Serve this as an appetizer or as an evening snack.

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
Omg, irresistible samosa chaat,very tempting..
tempting and delicious samosa chat.Luv to grab ur plate.Thanks for sharing and following.
divya said…
Looks so delicious and love the clicks ...
I am really sorry Sara.. i was really busy with so many stuffs for last few weeks. I missed so many posts. Now I am back to normal..will drop by often. Anyways I am so hungry now wish I can finish the whole plate of that yummy and delicious chaat..way toooooooo tempted.
amazing, you can even use leftover to create another new dish!
Bala said…
This was awesome.
Anonymous said…
looks totally yummm... Im hungry just looking at your blog..